PLUS Plan shows only ANNUAL BILLING - Monthly Billing Option is missing

Dears,
Good day!

I am facing a problem while I re-subscribe my monthly PLUS Plan. The monthly billing option is missing from the subscription page in Android Mobile App. Only the annual subscription option is present there. Screenshot has been attached.

Annual Billing

I am unable to subscribe. Need support please.

Sarwar

1 Like

I am seeing the same issue. If this is by design, those are really shady business practices! If Blynk is now bullying personal users into annual billing I will head out ASP!

Hello. It’s a bug. We’ll be fixed soon. Sorry for inconveniences. @BlynkAndroidDev FYI.

This is the case when the current monthly subscription, probably recently canceled, is still active, that’s why the monthly option is not visible. We already prepared a new version where such case will be covered and re-subscription to monthly plan will be available.

How much will I have to wait then???

We are uploading the new version this week, I believe it will be available to update for you from Friday till Monday. You can always change your subscription on the web, if the time is issue.

As this issue occured - I believe the app shows Plus subscription as active, am I right?

I don’t see that the subscription or re-subscription is possible from Web. Its possible from app. only.

The app. shows FREE Plan without subscription.

Can you send the logs from the app? About → Send Logs > Gmail → Send

OK. I have just sent you the logs. You shall receive email from ‘sarwar*********25@gmail.com’.

1 Like

Dear,
Any update regarding the bug fixing???

The new version just passed the review and should be soon available, but it may take a day or two to be available for all users

I don’t see that the subscription or re-subscription is possible from Web. Its possible from app. only.

On the web billing option is inside settings → organization settings → billing

Dear,
I could not find any such option in the portal.

1 Like

I will pass this issue on to the web team. Have you already checked the latest update of the android app - it should now show a monthly plus subscription option.

Dear, I dont’ understand what the matter is.
Monthly subscription option appeared in the mobile app. but on trying received an error.

That looks like a google play billing error. Update us if it will reproduce tomorrow as well - I will check are there any issues with their servers.

No need. this is correct. On web we have stripe, on mobile we have google play and ios store payments. We can’t join them, this 3 separate systems. So if payment was done on mobile cancel/update should happen on the mobile as well.

Maybe someday, we’ll move the payments on mobile to stripe, if google and apple will allow that, so this will simplify things for us.

Can you check Play Store → Your subscriptions → is there an active Blynk IoT subscription?

Dear,
I have found something interesting that the subscription fee for the month of October has been paid while my plan has still not been upgraded for the last one week. And I think that is why I am receiving the error whenever I try to subscribe for monthly package.

I feel the problem has reshaped itself. Its now the matter of upgradation rather than payment error. Isn’t it?

Sarwar

Is it possible that you have several Blynk accounts and had already subscribed from one of them, and now you try to subscribe from another one?