OK totally lost here with Blynk2.0 example!

So finally setup a LED on pin 7 of my arduino and then setup a slider on the ios blynk app and on the web dashboard and it works!!! so slider moves in real time on phone and web.

one little problem I have found is that the slider is set from 0 to 255 but I need it to be from 255 to 0
ie digital 0 = 255 and digital 1 = 0
I can no longer see a way of reversing this which you could just do in the blynk app before ???

It’s not currently possible - I’ve requested this functionality in another thread. I’m sure they’ll add this in at some point.

what a pain in the butt this is!!!

EDIT so has to be done with programming for now

Below is my billing plan as currently setup in the Portal.

I will look at swapping out the Digital and Analog pin assignments for now.
Hopefully the Serial Monitor Widget gets added in down the road. It was useful.
I was able to rename my templates in the Portal, but the new name changes did not sync to my mobile iPhone, even after App sign-off and sign-on again. Will investigate. I ended up cloning the original, renaming the cloned copy, and then deleting the original. It worked.

The Portal Console works as expected on my Windows laptop, but not on my iPhone in either the Safari or Firefox browser. Picking selections and tabs merely highlights them, but doesn’t actually do anything intended. This may be a known issue and I just rediscovered it.

Thanks to all who answered my initial query. I just started up 2.0 yesterday. I wanted to wait until the absolute last minute for all the 2.0 libraries and configurations to stabilize.

2021-06-30_11-43-22 Blynk Plan

1 Like

Do you mean the Terminal widget Mike?
It’s there in the app.
Not sure if there are plans for something similar in the web portal.

Pete.

Yes, I was able to add all the Virtual Pin datastreams I need for my Blynk Remote Control in the Console. I will leave the analog and digital pins as placeholders unimplemented for now or change them to virtual pins.

Yes, you’re correct, I saw it, thanks. Added it to the template also.

1 Like

Got my email for my 50% discount so upgraded to plus, but I dont see any extra widgets on the web dashboard. Am I missing something ??

I didn’t got for 5 free devices

It’s access to app widgets that you get, not web dashboard widgets (at least not at this point).

Pete.

ah ok - there aint much there then pete is there!!

Not yet!

Pete.

Making great progress now and setup a big project on blynk 2,0 but have another question, surprise surprise!!!

I have an original blynk 1.0 project that has 4 different hardware boards attached to it. Can you still do that in blynk2.0? cant see a way in the app

As @PeteKnight said , I am using 4 devices with same auth, that works well

1 Like

Cheers will try it.

Next issue sliders on ios app not showing values. Is it me or a known bug - however they do show up on web dash. No idea what temp im setting!

It’s intentional.
I raised it as an in beta testing issue and was told this…

Pete.

Thanks Pete as long as they are aware of it.

kev

Another issue button on the web dashboard appears to latch but works momentarily on the ios app fine

are you guys aware of this ?

The dashboard widgets are switches, not buttons, so latching is the only behaviour available.
Hopefully we’ll get some new dashboard widgets soon that mirror the app widgets better.

Pete.

1 Like

Waiting for a real push button, you can turn the switch into a push button by coding like this :

BLYNK_WRITE(V1) {//reset maxmin button
  int sw = param.asInt();
  // do reset maxmin
  if (sw == 1) {
    Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, 0);
  } else {
    Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, 1);
  }
}

Video_2021-07-05_181620

Have already done this but thanks anyway!

1 Like