OK totally lost here with Blynk2.0 example!

No your not Pete I am as confused as hell bud!!!

hope we do get another month though as really I have got nowhere with it yet!

No your not the only one.

1 Like

Paid plans will start with a small delay on June 28th (instead of June 25th).

After that, we offer certain incentives to migrate/start using new platform. These incentives include:

1. If you activate a device before July 25th (at least one device becomes online) - then we will add 5 devices for free (technical details will follow).
  2. If you have ever made a purchase in old Blynk app before the June 17th 2021(blog post time) you will get a promo code for a 50% discount on annual PLUS or PRO plan. It will be sent over email and will expire on July 25th.

Hope it makes it more clear.

3 Likes

So what happens to people who have created a Blynk account and added more than one device, and added some Plus/PRO widgets to their mobile app?

This message:

seems to imply that they will be demoted to the Free limits tomorrow (June 25th) and that presumably only one of their devices, and the app widgets that fall into the free category will remain.

If that was allowed to happen it would be extremely demoralising for them, to say the least!

If that’s not going to happen then these messages need to be changed, snd you need to make a clear statement about what the actual timeline and demotion process is for people who have not signed-up for, or been awarded, additional privileges - and on what date that will occur.

Pete.

4 Likes

Where do we find a list of widgets included in each of the plans? I’m sure it exists, I just have not located it yet.

I pulled the list that @Blynk_Coeur linked to from the website.
If you look at the plan comparison the basic/pro widget have a little information symbol next to them. Click that and it pops up a list.

It’s worth checking the list again, as there is talk of adding more to the basic list.

Pete.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Need to sign up for new Blynk Plus

What criteria determines my “trust level” here on the board ?

You are level 3, so you are at trust level :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The trust levels are defined when the forum is created, and there are criterial like number of topics read, number of posts made, number of likes given and received etc. There are also some rolling 100 day targets that look at whether you’re still an active member of the forum.
Moderators have the ability to promote members to a higher trust level, and lock them there so that they don’t slip back down if they don’t visit for a while. We usually do this when we identify people who are significant positive contributors to the forum, or when people broadly meet the criteria but may not have given many likes to other users for example.

Being at trust level 3 also grants access to “The Lounge”, which was traditionally used for off-topic banter, but which hasn’t seen much activity recently.

I promoted you to level 3 and locked you there about 2 years ago.

Interestingly, the wording for the criteria has changed to…

Free access to PRO plan for the most notable members of Blynk community
These members will be handpicked by Blynk team and will be notified about it directly via email.

The full post is here…

Pete.

4 Likes

Hi Pete,

So how do you find your own ‘Trust’ level ?

Cheers

kev

Click on your username and you’ll see a badge with the friendly name for your trust level…

New User = 0
Basic User = 1
Member = 2
Regular = 3
Leader = 4

But, as I said in my previous post, it seems that Trust Levels aren’t the criterial that will be used now anyway.

Pete.

1 Like

We are only 26 whith grade 3 :smile:

There’s 28, but that includes some Blynk staff…

Pete.

thanks as usual Pete!

Yes they are 3 from the staff , they are basic member :smile:

Then there is the vaunted Level 4 (Leader)… I think they got access to the cake in the lunch room :laughing:

2 Likes

You and Peter are leaders of the community, you will got access to the cake too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blynk 1.0 vs 2.0 upgrade – My Experience

Picture 1 – Arduino Infrared remote control keyboard sold all over the Internet. Emulates a NEC encoded unit, and manufactured in China. Has 10 white digit buttons, 4 blue direction-arrow buttons, and 3 red function-control buttons. Sold by Keyes, Wingoneer, and many others.

Picture 2 – Blynk 1.0 virtualization of the keyboard. All of the above keys, plus 3 new function keys (auto-refresh, temperature, and AQI selection), and three WiFi functionality test keys. At the bottom of the screen is the serial monitor widget used to communicate with the Arduino App and display messages from the App. Notice how “dark screen mode” makes the widget color coding really pop and stand out.

Picture 3 – Blynk 2.0 virtualization of the keyboard. All of the same buttons as 1.0, but no serial monitor widget (yet). The first four buttons are assigned to virtual datastreams 1 thru 4. The rest of the numerical buttons have un-assigned datastreams because no more INT selections show up when I hit the “+” key to add them. There are no digital or analog pin assignments allowed in 2.0 as far as I can tell so far; I would have to eliminate these.

Conclusions:

I need at least 20 pin assignments to virtualize my Arduino remote control in 2.0 just like I did in 1.0. Maybe if I upgrade my plan, more would appear and be useable; I can’t tell without upgrading yet. Analog and digital pins would be nice.

Enable “dark screen mode” for the widget screen. It is so much more impressive and really makes the colors pop. Compare pictures of 1.0 to 2.0.

Give me a way to change the name of the widget template labeled “New Template” once it has already been saved.

I have not yet added a device or investigated the Control Console. If I can’t somehow get all the widget buttons I need added to the template, then 2.0 won’t be useable by me. What that means is I give up and go back to using the actual Arduino remote control once again instead of the virtual Blynk 2.0 one on my iPhone.