NRF52832 token

Sir, i want to test on NINA B112, its a NRF52832 inside. On APP, wich similar bluetooth module do i select ? And why needs a token to bluetooth module ?
I want to test bluetooth on NRF52832. I guess that APP will scan and connect to NRF52832 and will test token, right ?
Tks
Miguel

It looks like a BLE based module, so pick any BLE supported device I guess. But it doesnā€™t matter what hardware type you pick if you use only virtual pins in the App. The App device type is only for determining the I/O pin types when using direct pin connection in the Widgets.

Even with BT/BLE, the App must communicate with the Server, and the Server stores and controls the project operationā€¦ thus all devices need a Auth token regardless of connection methodā€¦

I agree that the APP connects to BLINK SERVER.

But the BLE MODULE does not connect to SERVER, then how can the SERVER knows about the BLE MODULE existence ?

Then i guess that the APP had to connect to BLE MODULE and close the CIRCLE.

Am i wrong ?

And the APP try to verify is there is some MODULE connectā€¦and there is not, because is local BLE

Yes

With normal IoT connection methods (Wifi, Ethernet) it is like thisā€¦

APP ā† networking ā†’ SERVER ā† networking ā†’ DEVICE

With BT/BLE the server is still in command and the App is still the GUI, but now also acts as a sub-link to the server for the deviceā€¦

DEVICE ā† BT/BLE ā†’ APP ā† networking ā†’ SERVER

So far, due the lack of direct connection between the device and the server, there are some widgets and commands that do NOT work properly with the current BT/BLE connection method: email, sync, notifications? webhook, etc.

Thanks to the feedback!

One thing i didnĀ“t undertand! Do the APP must to connect to device ? How, doing scanning like the usual BLE SCANNER that find the BLE SERVICES ?

Still not clear to me!

Using the BLE widget.
Add the widget to our app and tap it, youā€™ll see a list of available devices.

Pete.

Yesā€¦ the App is the link (and GUI) the Server the brainsā€¦ Blynk doesnā€™t run on a standalone BT/BLE device.

Pete,

Something wrong, find my BLE DEVICE, but not connects to!

My NORDIC BLE SCANNER connects and i can see the services!

Some tip ?

I am testing with NORDIC NRF52832, maybe only works with ESP32 (BLE)

Just forget about that ā€¦ Blynk seems to use BT/BLE differently, basically as a simple link.

It should work as wellā€¦ but there are some more things to consider with Blynk and BT/BLEā€¦ they are effectively still in beta it seems, and possibly lower priority in development then normal IoT networking methods like WiFi.

You need to have the latest BETA version of the Appā€¦ I think they are still runningā€¦ With Android, you scroll to the bottom of the Blynk Play Store page on your phone and somewhere you will see option to join Beta program.

With iOS, follow this link - iOS 2.26.0 BETA available

Thanks!

I created a project on Android and got the TOKEN, wich put on Arduino CODE (NRF52832). I will test now with APP.

Very strange

[165746] Connecting...
[174624] Packet too big: 13624
[174657] Packet too big: 26164
[174691] Packet too big: 13874
[177724] Connecting...
[179596] Packet too big: 13624
[179630] Packet too big: 26164
[179663] Packet too big: 13874
[182696] Connecting...
[186723] Connecting...
[195723] Connecting...

I really dont have luck today! :slight_smile:

The same error to Iphone!

What is the exact code (minus your AUTH) that you use to get this error?

Please properly format any pasted codeā€¦

Blynk%20-%20FTFC

PS please donā€™t post about your existing issues in someone elseā€™s postā€¦ particularly old ones :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, sorry!

This is the code, compiled to U-BLOX NINA B112, that uses a NRF52832 core!

I use the bleperipheral

#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <BlynkSimpleBLEPeripheral.h>
#include <BLEPeripheral.h>
#include <SPI.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";

// define pins (varies per shield/board)
#define BLE_REQ   6
#define BLE_RDY   7
#define BLE_RST   4

// create ble serial instance, see pinouts above
BLESerial SerialBLE(BLE_REQ, BLE_RDY, BLE_RST);

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);

SerialBLE.setLocalName("Blynk");
  SerialBLE.setDeviceName("Blynk");
  SerialBLE.setAppearance(0x0080);
  SerialBLE.begin();

Serial.println("Waiting for connections...");

Blynk.begin(SerialBLE, auth);
}

void loop() {
  SerialBLE.poll();

if (SerialBLE) {    // If BLE is connected...
    Blynk.run();
  }
}

Bleperipheral works very fine no NINA B112, i have done many BLE applications!

I fixed your post. Please look at how that was done for future postings

I donā€™t understand this commentā€¦ so it works fine or not??

Thanks Gunner!

Not works with APP BLINKY, only get that ā€œPACKAGE TOO BIGā€ error message and no connecting

No APP get the ā€œCantā€™ connectā€ ā€¦

But an app ble scanner can connect!

OKā€¦ as I said, forget thatā€¦ it works differently and we all know it (BT/BLE) generally functions just fine with dedicated standalone Apps designed for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Blynk however, uses BT/BLE as just a peer to peer link for an optional method of connecting their non-standalone App and devices with their IoT based server infrastructure.

I still have a BLE device that sometimes works, but often not, and even the type of phone/tablet I use seems to affect that when using Blynkā€¦ I find it so unreliable that I basically avoid BT/BLE options with Blynk.

And quite honestly, my personal thoughts are that BT/BLE is a low priority in the developers overall scheme of commercial applications.

So, sorry, but I canā€™t think of anything more I can suggest for your issue.

No problem!

I understand!

My idea was to publish other blog about, now with NINA B112.

But, i already published to NINA W102

Look

Thank you! See you one day!

1 Like

Can you check this: Fix BLE Connection problem Packet too big on BBC Microbit, RFDuino, nRF51822,
Maybe this fixes your Packet too big problem