NodeMCU Blynk local server via 3G mobile router

I don’t understand the question.

Pete.

Let me put it this way: I have no idea what to do with it.

If you’re referring to the DDNS updater sketch that I linked you to, as I said before, you don’t need it at this stage. Simply set-up another DDNS hostname and update it with the current public IP of your mobile router.

If this works then flash the code I linked onto a NodeMCU and fire it up. You’ll get a captive portal that you can connect to on your phone (read the WiFiManager documentation if you need more info) where you can input your WiFi credentials and the DDNS credentials.

It will then keep your DDNS service updated (provided that it’s No-IP or DuckDNS) with your current public IP address.

Pete.

This is getting too complicated for me but I’ll try one more time.

If this works then flash the code I linked onto a NodeMCU and fire it up.

Does this mean I would need a second NodeMCU?

You’ll get a captive portal that you can connect to on your phone…

The 3G router will be 15km away from me and my phone. How am I supposed to do that?
Please when explaining assume that I’m a 5 years old child who know NOTHING about networks.

Yes

You do it once, to connect the NodeMCU to the network on the first occasion, as I said earlier…

However, You are getting too far ahead of yourself. Before you even think of implementing this updater you should manually configure your second DDNS to test that you can get the IP Cam working with this setup…

I’ve never done what you are trying to do, and I don’t have your hardware. However, IO do understand the principals of data flow across the internet and I can try to point you in the right direction to get this working, but there is no ready made “out of the box” solution for this, so you’ll need to do the work yourself. But, that includes doing the manual DDNS configuration as I have now said for the third time.

Pete.

OK, I’ll try to do that however I still don’t understand why when I press the take picture button the LED flashes and I get the cam URL assigned by the 3G router which means Blynk and the 3G router are communicating with each other but I don’t get a picture?

I tried to set up another DDNS host name for the ESP cam however I can’t configure it because the process requires logging in to the device and opening ports which with this “biscuit” type of router is not possible. There’s a test whether ports are open which can not be completed because of this.
I used the new host name in the sketch but it doesn’t connect to the server. With the NodeMCU DDNS host name ESP cam Blynk project goes online and as I already described pressing the button flashes the LED, serial says camera is capturing but pictures are not sent.

Personally, I don’t think that you’ll need to open any ports, but as I don’t have your hardware available it’s impossible for me to test this theory.

Pete.

Without completing the procedure the new host name is inactive.

It’s active, it just doesn’t have dynamic updates, because you’re doing manual updates to test the process.

Pete.

It doesn’t work in the sketch anyway.

This is a link to the 3G router user manual if it helps:

Not really.

How have you setup the app, and can you view the video by entering the URL in your browser?

Pete.

I tested the cam last night. It’s working properly and streaming when connected to the local wifi network. I tried to make the stream public using Ngrok and it didn’t work - can only take stills. Did some search and others are also having the same problem.
I used the current sketch and it works in Blynk BUT only when connecting to the local Blynk server from my local wifi. I’m also able to upload pictures to my website so I assume the camera is working.

That doesn’t really answer my questions.

Pete.

The camera server page (192.168.1.101) loads in my tablet’s browser which is currently connected to the 3G router but it doesn’t stream. Note that this is an old one and I’m not sure it can handle it.

The whole point of the exercise is to make this visible outside of the local network, hence the DDNS URL setup.

What happens if you try to use that in your browser when not connected to your local network?

Pete.

192.168.1.101 is the IP assigned to the cam by the 3G router not my local PC wifi router.

Okay, you clearly don’t understand what we’re trying to achieve here, so I’d recommend looking at an alternative solution for the CCTV monitoring of your remote location.

Pete.

Considering the popularity ob Blynk and the ESP cam it’s rather strange that I’m the first one who wanted to stream/take picture with ESP cam to Blynk over 3G.

I don’t think you are, but you have a very specific requirement, and limited networking skills.
As I said before, there isn’t an out of the box solution with video streaming over Blynk in this way, so it needs more input and experimentation from you.

Pete.