New version of Blynk Platform. Sign up for Beta

In all 500 messages I did not find HOW to sign UP?
Maybe somebody will be so kind to explain?

You failed the first test, so were ruled-out :rofl:

Clicking the image in post #1 takes you to a web page with a “sign up for beta” button in the top right, which pops-up a form for you to complete.

Pete.

Well, I’m not looking for easy ways

Hi Guys,

Its been so long I have lost the plot with the web version of Blynk - I am signed up for beta but still waiting. Can someone tell me what the roadmap will be for the web version for your average user ?

Cheers

Kev

Please, describe average user

Hi Kev,
I’m not sure about the timetable, but I’ll tell you what I know…

The first 100 beta testers are supposedly currently testing - although I’ve only seen GitHub issues from about half a dozen people.
I’m one of the initial group, and we were invited to a webcast where @Pavel gave a high-level demonstration of the system. As part of that he said that the full launch date for the new Blynk was was “I think the end of April”.

At the moment, only the Android version of the beta app is available, which is a real pain for me! The iOS version was due to be released on Friday, but that didn’t happen.

I don’t want to say too much more, because the system is still a beta version, but the end of April seems an extremely realistic launch date as far as I’m concerned. The Blynk developers are working very hard on bug fixes and improvements, but to me it feels like there is a long way to go yet.

The plan is to invite more beta testers on board at some point, and hopefully that will include more of the forum regulars who are more up to speed with the app and C++ programming. One of the comments above was that the next tranche will be 1000 users, but hopefully that was a typo!

At the moment, there is no test plan, and no way of feeding-back on what features have been tested and found to be working satisfactorily. This approach of “here you go, try to break it…” is fine, provided you have sufficient diversity of accomplished users who will try all sorts of projects, but even then it would still be difficult to know what has been tested and what hasn’t.

There’s still no indication of how pricing will work in the final version, or what features will be paid-only.

The current web version doesn’t mimic the app, and there are only a few web widgets available, but as I said, this is the beta version so all of that may change (but will obviously need further testing).

Pete.

2 Likes

Thanks for that Pete most helpful. So is the new ios app linked to the web release somehow, as I, like you, use ios for all my blynk apps?

Cheers

kev

The iOS app currently has some bugs that weren’t fixed in time for the planned release at the end of last week, so I’m using an old and knackered Android tablet which is driving me nuts!
Hopefully the iOS version will be released soon :pray:

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks again Pete

1 Like

who has already tested the new app? How about it?

The app is different in the way that it’s laid-out. No more projects, templates are used instead.
There are a few new widgets, but nothing that had made me say “Wow!”

Some functionality can only be done in the web browser at the moment, such as configuring datastreams (which are what you attach your widgets to, instead of analog/digital/virtual pins).
There are some nice datastream features, such as defining ranges and invalidating displayed data if it is out of date)

Don’t forget though, this is the beta version and things will almost certainly change.

Pete.

1 Like

I’m very disappointed !
We were waiting for scalable fonts , image buttons and gauges, nothing new !
I try landscape too … lol
Not Wow at all :joy:
OK, we have a dashboard now, but no local server.
Wait and see

1 Like

There are scalable fonts, there is a new Image Button and Icon Button widget and there are new gauges.
It’s just that these things aren’t the things that make me go “Wow!” :smiley:
There is a landscape split screen feature, but I’m using a very old Android 7" tablet and it probably isn’t the best platform to get the most out of that type of functionality.

Don’t forget, I’m an iOS user and am really struggling with this crappy old Android device! Even basic navigation takes three times longer than what I’m used to!

Pete.

1 Like

This what I see in landscape with android 10

Okay, the same as on my Android 6.0.1 device then…

Pete.

1 Like

So, better to use the old blynk app until this one provides a better one. :thinking:
Scalable fonts are only available for value display and labeled value.
Image available for the image button only

It is just the beta version, I think other improvements will follow - based on feedback and when development time allows.

Pete.

1 Like

Thnx for the info @PeteKnight , but we were told 12 months ago that Blynk 2.0 was already in prod with commercial customers, and that part of the delay for makers was the lack of time to create doco, support etc . . . now that the 2.0 beta has launched the iOS doesn’t even work . . . so who are these commercial customers, and what have they been using for 12 months? if even the basics aren’t ready for makers?

Symptomatic of the whole organisation - zero credible communication. Nothing stacks up here at all.

cul
billd

2 Likes

I did not received my acess yet? Is there someone waiting for this too? I subscribed in all link that was sent to me.

2 Likes

Business customers don’t have “constructor app”. We build a project for them and release an “exported” app based on that setup. For the Beta we have to introduce the “constructor” within the “Exported app”. So Beta app is mix of “Constructor” (old blynk app) and “Exported App” (new blynk app).

Beta app is something totally new and different. It will work for all use cases - business, prototyping, app export.

The next big update to the Blynk Platform is app publishing. Ability to publish own products/templates that will be available to the end users via Blynk app. So all Beta changes were done in that directions.

1 Like