New version of Blynk Platform. Sign up for Beta

Still work in progress, however we are much closer than 1 year ago :). I personally blame all this new clients that buys subscription plans and request more and more features :star_struck:.

7 Likes

Can you please at least share pricing concept for tiny bussiness? It would help to evaluate whether to stay and wait. Thanks

@soad89 hello. Right now our prices could be found here - https://blynk.io/pricing. The cheapest one is $166 per month.

That kind off steep for a hobbyist, will it still be possible to run a personal service for non-cloud funktions?
Or do we have to abandon Blynk and search for other solutions for our budget home automatisation !

/Stefan

Hello, this I know and is way over budget for bussines with a couple of devices, therefore I was wondering how will be changed with announced plan for small bussineses.

Donā€™t you have your own Blynk local server ?

Will the new version have a local server?

We are waiting for the new version since May 2018 :joy::joy::joy:
So donā€™t worry about blynk local server.

2 Likes

It was May 2019 that this announcement topic was started, but it does seem like longer!

Pete.

So longā€¦
They have lost our email address :joy::joy:

1 Like

The later it comes, the more mature it will be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe, but Itā€™ll be obsolete in less than 1 year :rofl:
anyway, I donā€™t believe it anymore :shushing_face:

@Dmitriy Why is there such a HUGE gap between developer and startup pricing? Many of us would just like to build a handful of devices for friends and acquaintances, but have no interest in building a business. Or if we do wish to start a business, it might be at the scale of a few dozen devices, not thousands. Could the new platform include a ā€œmicro-startupā€ or ā€œdeveloper plusā€ level? Iā€™m thinking of something like the particle.io starter plan (free up to 100 devices, $1.29 per additional device). Iā€™m not a fan of their proprietary hardware, but I think theyā€™ve addressed that space in-between developer and business pretty well.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what weā€™re working on as well. The new platform will allow paying per device. (we still donā€™t know the price).

free up to 100 devices, $1.29 per additional device

They did pivot recently. They focus only on asset tracking devices now and the price starts from 3$ per month per device without any free plan. I think those ā€œ100 free Wi-Fiā€ devices is done just because they already had a ton of the hardware with Wi-Fi on boards. So they have to utilize that. So that wont last long, unless they are making good margin on the Wi-Fi hardware itself.

sucks that you cant change you email address. i bought a ton of energy and then realized it was on my fathers account

iron not hot or fingers would be burnt.

Hello @Dmitriy

Confused. Is the new web version available or not. If so how is it available.

We will have to wait till the NEW BLYNK 2.0 is released. Only then we can have a clear picture of it. It may be available only for commercial projects or even for makers at a cost or may be totally free.

Hello. For now, the new web version available only for business clients. The public launch is planned for the 2d quoter of this year.

1 Like