New version of Blynk Platform. Sign up for Beta

…how about now? :innocent:

Christmas gift 2020 :rofl:

Someone is feeling lucky!

1 Like

giphy

2 Likes

Hi there, its been a while since I’ve been on the forum. Is there link where I read about whats changing?

Thanks

1 Like

Are you talking about new platform ?
We are waiting for 25th of December, but we don’t know the year :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m just created local server,so no energy needed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any update?

1 Like

I do not believe anymore !
We are waiting since May.

2019-12-09_114345

3 Likes

Have you written to Father Christmas (AKA @Pavel) and told him what you’d like this year?
Have you been a good boy?

Pete.

9 Likes

I got tired of waiting and migrated to Home Assistant with ESPhome. It really couldn’t have been easier.

4 Likes

Los buenos desarrollos toman su tiempo, es mejor esperar y obtener un buen producto para el consumo de toda la comunidad.
Felices fiestas :slight_smile:

1 Like

y humanidad, dijo el buen sabio :wink:
Felices Fiestas.

1 Like

I wasn’t familiar with HA till I read your note. It took me few hours to read up, install Hassio on my running rpi (manual install, did not burn a new OS on a SD) and get an ESP32 to display info on the Dashboard.

It looks good but it’s hardly for new starters; rather complex I’d say.

So, in my humble opinion, HA is not an easy replacement for Blynk.

Happy Holidays

1 Like

For sure, but we are still waiting for the new platform , J-3 :rofl:

AFAIK, Blynk is for prototyping your app and finally publishing and managing server side and updates for some hardware you make… for home automation, i would advise you to try OpenHab… better interface, prob much more addons, very powerful platform, and you can add your Blynk machines via mqtt… HA looks meh…

1 Like

HA is definitely more complicated than Blynk but it is also significantly more powerful. I burned Hass.io onto a
blank SD card and then used add-ons manager to install ESPEasy. It’s definitely not as easy as Blynk but it was the easiest way I found to get HA up and running.

Agreed. I tried OpenHab but struggled to wrap my head around it, HA seemed to be significantly more newb friendly.

1 Like

I tried OpenHab too…
I tried HA too …
I got a headache :rofl:
But, since we have no news from the Blynk developers, I will decide on 1st of 2020 what I will choose.

2 Likes