🚀 New Blynk release!

@Dmitriy Thank you for the answer, can you guide me to the way, I could not find anything

Hello, please explain how to give the product to customers. I tried it and it didn’t work

@wasemooo4 id suggest you create a new topic and provide all the details of your plan type and what you have tried so far, and what results you are seeing.

Pete.

There is a bug right now that doesn’t allow you to do that. We plan to do the deployment with a fix tomorrow.

In general, all you need to do is to create an organization and invite the user to it.
After that user can either provision the device or you can transfer the device from your org to the new org - https://docs.blynk.io/en/web-dashboard/devices/actions-with-devices#device-transfer

Will there be one device payment for life

What do you mean?

the bug was fixed today. So you can give it a try.

1 Like

@Dmitriy I mean, I want to sell a device to one customer and pay a fee only once. I do not want to pay a monthly fee. Is this available and how much is it?

@Dmitriy I did the test, thank you, it worked

According to the Blynk website, if you want to use Blynk commercially then you need the PRO plan…

Can I use Blynk App commercially?

Yes. Sign up for PRO plan and start using Blynk commercially

Pete.

I did the test, thank you, the process succeeded, but why can’t I know the status of the new device that was activated on my account only appears on the account of the second company

Thank you dear @PeteKnight , I will subscribe to the commercial plan, but I want to inquire about the payment of fees, will it be a one-time payment or will it be a monthly payment?

The pricing is all on the Blynk website…

With the PRO plan its $39 per month (when paid for annually) and this gives 40 devices.
Each additional device is a one-off payment of $4.99

You get 20 users, and if you ned more then these are added by increasing the monthly subscription - an extra $49 per month for 100 additional users…

• Up to 100: $49 /month
  • Up to 500: $99 /month
  • Up to 1000: $199 /month
  • Up to 5000: $299 /month

Pete.

1 Like

I suggest there is another pricing plan
I do not want to pay a monthly or annual subscription. I want to pay one time for each device that is connected. This is compatible with many people

Yes, that’s how it works…

I don’t think you have a choice, if you want to use Blynk commercially.

But. lets face the fact that you’ve been illegally using the free version of Blynk 0.1 commercially for some time, and the commercial subscription for Blynk 2.0 is much lower than the old commercial subscription.
You should do the right thing and sign-up to a PRO subscription.

Pete.

1 Like

I apologize
It is true that because I was not aware of the monthly plan, but paying a monthly amount is not appropriate in some countries. Customers want to buy a device and go without returning, so the fees will be paid on my account
We would like the payment to be made once for each device without a monthly payment, and this will double the sale of devices to hundreds or thousands.
Other than that we should have our own platform instead of paying a monthly fee on our own account and migrating from blynk
I don’t know if I’m right, but this is what I’m facing in my country
I beg your pardon again

Pete.

Blynk.inject
From what I understand
Will be your solution when released
For 49$pm and only on activation $5 per device it looks like your clients will be able to self activate the unit and you will not need to pay per month per user

Ie smart plug or smart light

@Pavel is this correct?

FYI Developers need to eat. People tend to put a lot more perceived value into hardware than software

If you have clients charge them more. If they don’t want too may to bad they can try and find a cheaper alternative

I was not able to afford their standalone app but now I can launch my product with their new affordable pricing. You could always try and develop your own app with Flutter?

From my email conversation with them on plan pricing they are a small team doing the best they can. They haven’t always been consistent with information but are doing the best they can. You don’t get something for nothing.

2 Likes

Awesome!
I see a bright future in this change. Good features. and competitive pricing.

I’ve managed to start my first project using this new app. a LED on/off switch with ESP32, of course. the virtual pin idea is neat.

edit: nevermind. I have found the culprit

You can. You can find the device in the list of devices (it may appear in the search with 1 minute delay). Also, you can switch to the organization of that device as well.

But that would cost you much more than PRO plan monthly fee!
Minimal possible server 5$ a month + backups at least 1$ a month, google and apple accounts ~10$ a month, domain name 1$ a month, certificates ~10$ a month.

So with your own solution, you have to pay at least 27$ a month. And that’s just must-have things for every project out there today.

Now add email, push notifications, support, monitoring, and… the most expensive part - the development cost of all this.