šŸš€ New Blynk release!

No.

I am in a remote area, I sell my devices with a profit amount that does not exceed 5 dollars. I cannot pay monthly fees. Also, customers cannot pay monthly fees. It is possible to pay fees for one time and the matter is over if this is possible. I only see the continuous sale of devices and earn profits from the new sale

OK. now I found something weird.
I created my first account, and my first project.
everything is working fine.

and then I decided to make another account, (cause the first accountā€™s email is just too full with subscriptions.)

I made new project with the second account, change the template ID and device name on the sketch, uploaded it to the ESP32ā€¦
I looked at the monitor, and it has connected to the wifi, I even havenā€™t connected the device from the app yet.

moreover, I can control my device with my first account.

I thought the device name and template ID is unique and could only be accessed by the account that created it?

What do you mean? We donā€™t have any subscriptions introduced yet.

Did you invite the second user to your org? If yes, thatā€™s expected. Thatā€™s the hole thing about organizations.

Template ID is unique. However, it could be accessed from the hierarchy of your organization.

Moreover, very soon will introduce Template Publishing, where youā€™ll be able to publish your products. So they could be available for anyone, even outside your organization hierarchy.

Just want to know that if new blynk platform has released full support for all functionalities Arduino like connect via USB serial or these functionalities are still to be improved yet as its examples codes are not working for New release of Blynk library 1.0.0 .

Newbie post so first up Hi to all!

Have a question on the Android App for Blynk 2.0, my phone seeā€™s it and installed fine but a tablet I have doesnā€™t see the Blynk IoT app? It seeā€™s the legacy app fine and will install that but not the the new Blynk IoT app?

Is this a bug? or does the new app not support WiFi only Android tablets?

Cheers
macca

How ā€œoldā€ is the tabletā€¦ as in the version of Android?

Based on the App info at the bottom of each Apps Play Store pageā€¦

Blynk (legacy) works with Android 4.2 and up

Blynk IoT works with Android 5 and up

Thank you, I didnā€™t see that info and that will be the problem.
The phone says 6.0.1 and the table is old HP 10 Plus and says 4.4.2 and I donā€™t think it can be upgraded simply.
Cheers

What if the control feature is added from the application even when the internet is interrupted, as is the case in sonoff devices, it will be undisputed blynk

During connecting with the internet, I am stuck at waiting for the device to be online. Anyone can help me? for partition scheme, Iā€™m using Huge App. Is this the problem?

@ThEEvO64 Iā€™d suggest that you create a new topic, and provide ALL of the information thatā€™s requested when you do that, along with additional information about the steps youā€™ve taken so far.

Pete.

Just a quick post here as I dont want to make a new post.

The steps for How do I need to Blynk? are multiplied ? Same steps twice.

Documentation

Could you please add a screenshot?

The new ā€œHow to Blynkā€ documentationā€¦ twice the steps for the same results :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you

Also the picture in here is not working. ( Diagram of hierarchy )
Link

Could you add the ability to reorganise the automation cards? Or ideally add a way to group them?

Yup. This is requested by many clients. Already on our roadmap

1 Like

First off let me congratulate the Blynk team. I have been using Blynk in a variety of application for the fast few years. While I started with the cloud, my applications are remote sensing and I switched to a private server model, hosting all of them on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ cpus. These machines are located at multiple premises and do connect to the internet, although the multiple ā€œsensing clientsā€ (8266s and ESP32s) connect to the local WiFi or an access point hosted on the PIā€™s, depending on signal strength, etc. I like the private server since I do not lose any data through interruptions in connectivity to the web. Obviously I access the systems over the web.

I was in the commercial software business so I completely understand the monetization dilemma. Blynk is well developed and I can understand their need to migrate to a Gen II platform for additional features but perhaps more even importantly, for significantly improved revenue generation from IOT commercial customers. Many times in the past I have started something with a vision in mind and discovered, when I got it functioning and deployed, the vision should probably have been different.
So, with Gen 2 finally ā€œupā€ they are concentrating all of their efforts and mindshare on the future.

I and a lot of developers here will probably remain with Gen 1, certainly until a private server is available and perhaps beyond that. We have a lot invested in our solutions. The problem, as I see it, is that the development team doesnā€™t get any revenue from the legacy Gen 1 private servers and minimal and continually decreasing revenue from the shrinking base of Gen 1 cloud customers. While the cloud servers are easy to support it will become a distraction for the Blynk team going forward and I expect that it will be the first to go when Gen 2 is solid and stable and full featured. In shortā€¦why bother?

Private servers will be fine until an iOS and/or Android update makes the legacy Blynk 1.0 clients no longer compatible with current phone releases. Java releases for the server are probably not going to be an issue since I really donā€™t need to update my servers anyway. What then? Sure I could keep an old O/S release on my phone until that no longer functions but as others have said that is not ideal. My suggestion is for the Blynk team to maintain the legacy 1.0 clients going forward but charge for them. Porting to a new version of mobile O/S without any new features is a pretty simple operation and I am sure that most of us legacy customers would gladly pay for the apps to maintain our investment.

That would also eliminate current contraband commercial accounts since a charged client would make that somewhat expensive and encourage a move to Gen 2 for commercial customers.

1 Like

Hi,

I finish my first project with the new Blynk.
I didnā€™t see any major evolution and the new Blynk is very limited in comparison with the previous one with free subscription. I already write a personal library with the majority of functions added in the new version of Blynk (wifi credential, time serverā€¦). I think the use of the new Blynk is easiest and itā€™s a good point.

I understand, the need to make money but the commercial proposition is only made for mass production and Iā€™m a simple maker using Blynk as leisure for home automation of my proper house.

A commercial proposition for makers will be appreciated.
You could add limitations by the number of users per project (6 for the members of family) to avoid problem with commercial use propositions but a subscription is prohibitive.
For sure, makers will not help Blynk to make a lot of money but they will help Blynk to be well-known and help with bug report and participate to the community.

By the way, as independent-worker for industrial company, I thought to a model to help industrial customers to improve and connect industrial tool. In this case, we will make specific development for any customer and have a very small quantity of product. With this commercial model, subscription will be difficult to sell but a one shot high price shouldnā€™t be a problem and the number of users could be limited per project.

To finish, I would like to add that Iā€™m very excited by the possibility to use voice assistant and Iā€™m waiting for that impatiently.

Best regards,

2 Likes