New Blynk Library v0.5.1 is Released (important for local server owners)

@vshymanskyy should know better.

@Dmitriy
That’s OK, “fixed”!
It looks like hardware calls use the same port as RESTful api.
I was wondering is there any way to “ping” the local server via REST?

Best Regards
Kostas

Sure, YOu may do any request and parse the answer.

@Dmitriy
Sure i can. i’m already using REST to exchange data between my hardware, server and app.
The weird thing with REST is that while exchange of data is normal, there is an “Offline” indication in the application.
There should be some kind of “ping” from the hardware to the server periodically, informing that hardware is alive.
This is missing from REST. I was wondering if there is a way to implement it.

Http is http. Hardware is hardware. How pinging http should affect hardware?

If your hardware is offline than this is the correct thing.

Not necessarily :wink: OP said “that while exchange of data is normal”

@Gunner I saw it. Ticket created.

1 Like

OK, thanks.

Ok, I give up. I can not get the new library 5.1 to work not matter what I try.

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080 Causes raspberry pi 3 to freeze

#define BLYNK_DEFAULT_PORT 8080 // does not work.

Blynk.config(auth_local_server, local_server, 8080); // does not work.

Or make port forwarding from 80 to 8080. // is not available because I have a web server.

I see these statements. They conflict me.
----- @cj190133 with latest firmware default port is 80 unless you change it.
----- 8080 now is the default port for hardware on the Local Server.

I done a port forward of 8080 to the pi server ( Blynk server) . // does not work.

I’m just going to go back to library 5.0 until we get finished monkey-ing with all the ports

Try to define it directly inside BlynkConfig.h
#define BLYNK_DEFAULT_PORT 8080

It worked for me. :slight_smile: (although different port)

edit: this #define doesn’t work in sketch (for me), as it is overwritten by lib. It might be, the compiler must know you want to use local server (another #define?)

Hey Marvin7, That worked.
Thank You so much. You’re a life saver.
Appreciate the quick response.

Glad it worked :slight_smile:

since I was successful with this I thought I would go ahead and do the server upgrade to version .0.33.0.
Bad idea. Nothing works with that version. Not even old esp’s that have been running for a year quit working.
So reverted back to 32.0.

I am running it… seems OK so far (only been a few hours). Open a new topic with details of the issues, logs, etc. so we can try to assist.

Old ESPs you have running are using port 8442, run this on your server:
sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 8442 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

This should work (it did to me)

1 Like

Good point… I make it a practice to reflash all my devices after installing every Blynk Library update.

I will make those routing changes in the router and try again tonight.
I have clocks on all my apps and have noticed that blynk can no longer keep up with the seconds. loses a second every 4 or five seconds.
Looks like all the changes are slowing everything down.
It appears to be server related. I have 2 apps that have been running for a year without any changes and now seconds display gets behind.

Thanks guys for your expertise.

1 Like

I am not a developer, so I might not have full enough understanding on the load the current App (and related library and server updates) puts on a phone or device, but I agree from a perceptual view that, as more and more “code free” solutions get added, there seems to be a cost in overall performance and flexibility. But then that is part of the market… the code free users :slight_smile:

So far, Local Server options and workarounds for some of these limitations have helped immensely… but then I also run into new issues… :confounded:

Oh well, the price of constant development… at least they are actively fixing issues and making improvements here :smiley: unlike many stagnating Apps out there.

There was some RTC discrepancies recently on one Cloud Server… but you are using Local Server, so might be something else… Make a new topic with device details and show the affected code…

Mind you… becasue of the interrelationship between App, Library and Server (Cloud and Local) updates… even “old untouched” devices will experience issues until re-flashed with updated libraries and any required code changes.

I agree with all.
The fact that they are constantly developing is great. I sure appreciate their work ethic and desire to make this a first class system.

A post was split to a new topic: Help with project since Server Library and App upgrades