New Blynk Library Release v1.2.0

With love from Ukraine :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

In this release

• New Features :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:
    • Added universal ArduinoClient examples - a convenient way to use
      ANY Arduino connectivity or shield (even if it’s not directly supported by Blynk).
    • You can configure multiple connection types, i.e. WiFi + Ethernet + Cellular :fire:
    • Command grouping
    • Improved network compatibility when using an insecure TCP connection
    • BlynkParam argument support for BlynkConsole
  • Updated examples (finally! :grin: )
    • Added TimeInput, TimeAndLocation examples
    • Simplified the Stroboscope example, also to show-off the BlynkTimer::Handle usage
    • Replaced UIPEthernet examples with EthernetENC
    • Updated HTTP examples to use Blynk 2.0 HTTP API
  • Blynk.Edgent improvements:
    • BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME setting is changed to BLYNK_TEMPLATE_NAME to eliminate confusion
    • Fix ESP32 losing the configuration after OTA in rare cases
    • Improved compatibility with the latest ESP32 and ESP8266 Arduino Core
  • Cleanup :broom:
    • Removed old and outdated APIs, widgets that don’t exist anymore
    • Switched to using blynk.cloud server by default (the blynk-cloud.com fallback is removed)
  • AVR improvements
    • Reduce the amount of timers in BlynkTimer to 8 for AVR devices (to save RAM)
    • Fix 64-bit integers handling on 8-bit platforms

Remember to regularly update your IDE, Libraries and Boards!
Check out the full list of supported hardware

:star2: BTW, if you like Blynk, don’t forget to give us a github star! :star2:

Stand With Ukraine

Arduino Library Manager, PlatformIO, Particle and OpenWRT packages will be updated soon.

Grab the update here: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/latest

17 Likes

Hello,

Our hearts are with Ukraine and we believe you will succeed.

Thank you for Blynk.
Is it necessary to update the library? If not, will Blynk 2 work with the old library?

Sincerely,
Kamran Ibadov

Blynk IoT requires library version 1.x.x but it’s always a good idea to be on the latest version of the library, especially as new projects will give configuration firmware that contains BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME rather than BLYNK_TEMPLATE_NAME so will give compilation errors with earlier versions of the library.

Pete.

Hi Volodymyr,
i’ve installed last release as I was interested on Multinetwok connectivity. My project use a TTGO-T800 to connect via Wifi or GSM to the Internet to publish some data. I enjoied using BlynkEdgeNT for configuring connection but the only way to use both connection is loading a different script for WIFi or GSM. I wonder if implementation of Multinetwork Connectivity is compatible with EdgeNT. Also, as in your example script suggest to not subsitute any of “BlynkSimple…” header I have to ditch use of TinyGSM?

Edgent for Multi-Connectivity is in the works, and is already very powerfull. We’ll announce the details in ~1 month if everything goes well.
Regarding TTGO-T800, do you mean the TTGO TCall-SIM800 device?

2 Likes

Yes, I have a project using a series of sensors (laser OPC, gas, co2, humidity…) using all buses: I2C , SPI, Serial and GSM/WiFi, and a touchscreen display. So was a problem using it all in the same time, but finally i resolved everything apart from external connectivity.

Hi @vshymanskyy,

I’m wondering if there’s any update on this? We are hoping to use Blynk Edgent for a new product launch in the near future, but we would really need multi-connectivity (we are using a TTGO SIM7000g)

Thanks,
Rowan

It’s already live and being used.

1 Like

Hi @Pavel

Thanks for your reply. I’ve had a look through all the updated Edgent examples but can’t find any with multi-connectivity. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Rowan