New Android Release 2.26.0

But is there a need to keep them that large/wide??

yes I know that, but before the release , "RESET MCU 1 " fits in the button

where to find Android Release 2.22.0 apk ??

Wow, must be some BIG corporate dollars involved for such heavy adherence to conformity?

Oh well, it was good while it lasted…

No. Just best design practices.

That would be awesome actually :smile: Let’s hope for that!

1 Like

Yes, that would be good! But what about us little guys?

So far I have found v2.24.0 to offer the best results for regular autoscaled fonts and maximum characters (10+ phone/tablet dependent with SMALL font) in the styled button in its skinniest size.

For now I think I will just lock down my Blynk versions and coast with what I have.

But you didn’t know best design practice in 2016? That’s why we love you!

@BlynkAndroidDev there is a bug with gauge font size. When I logout and login again the text size set to default. app version 2.26.3 from play store

1 Like

Hey, Blynk was meant to be innovative, not conservative, right? :thinking: Who created those “BDP’s”, and who forbids Blynk’s team to reinvent/modify them?
I adopted my project and doesn’t have major visual quirks like other users, but still have a feeling that forcing everything to fit with just three different text sizes isn’t the right way.

1 Like

Thanks, we’ll check.

1 Like

@ErfanDL local server? U need latest version in that case

1 Like

If you are on a local server - you need to update it to the latest version, as previous version of server do not have fontsize option.

1 Like

The same applies to “classic” (old) button labels. Needs to be on 0.38.1 or higher…Just in case of further questions.

1 Like

We used them since day 1. Actually, there was only one font size when we started, and nobody complained at all. Now there are 3 and whoa, this is “not good at all” :slight_smile:

Same reason why people drive cars facing forward, not backward. Same reason why optimal length of the shot in the movie is ~2 seconds. Same reason why button to turn on electric kettle is outside and not inside of it…

Design practices are based on: psychology, perception, usability, consistency and many other things nobody cares about, but face every day.

And while we all can subjectively argue aesthetics, you can’t argue for example human eye perception and how it processes objects in the field of view.

1 Like

This screen seems like my first program on Delphi :joy:

AND I know this software: there were days, I have been actively using it :slight_smile:

Moreover for the same reason the best shape to roll is the circle/wheel, and preferred white has 4500-5000K. etc… But those are directly tight to physic and it’s laws, while the human preferences are not that straight forward: One loves jazz (not me) others prefer classic :stuck_out_tongue: Sure, I know what you mean, and I’m sure you guys had spent a lot of time studying different aspects of Blynk platform but keep in mind, the above - the evolution is ongoing, and what today is meant to be “BDP” tomorrow might be subjected to changes.

Right… I don’t know how it would be in English, that’s a straight translation: “appetite grows with eating”, in my words that would be: the more you have, the more you expect.

2 Likes

hi Pavel!

can you tell me which attribute to search/replace the modify Blynk.user file please?

OK, I have to… :innocent: … So why make the change and cause all this unnecessary grief for those that appreciated and used that past, ‘nothing to complain about’, functionality? You could have simply added in your pre-set font size option and let the end users choose… Auto or Manual.

3 Likes