New Android Release 2.21.0

Well, this is actually is not that simple :slight_smile:. So for now I think we will leave it as it is. Hopefully we will not change existing widgets so often anymore.

What?.. adding in the reminder “For Local Server users, this requires version 0.36.3+” is difficult?? :stuck_out_tongue: I know I often forget about my server version… out of sight, out of mind… but I always read the announcements.

Ah., you are about the announcement, this is easy, yeah :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

@Dmitriy Device tiles main screen is not holding the format #.#

Which template is this? Default or Level? Also is it possible that it has value equal to 4.0? 4.0 would be shown as 4

@BlynkAndroidDev Default template, I can’t remember what was the behavior before, but I’m pretty sure that using /pin.#/ returns 4.0 (as in Gauge widget).

Also {DEVICE_NAME} not working yet.

What is {DEVICE_NAME} ?

Next release will contain a fix to this issue

1 Like

Untitled

So it is about the notification widget? Which server are you using: blynk or local? @Dmitriy could you advice here?

Yes, Notification Widget with Blynk Cloud

Works for me… make sure you have all the current updates (App, Library & don’t forget Local Server like I did earlier today :blush: … although this placeholder was added back in 0.36.0).

BLYNK_WRITE(V55) {
  if (param.asInt()) {
  Blynk.notify("Hey, Blynkers! My {DEVICE_NAME} can push now!");
  }
}

1 Like

For some reason I’m using Blynk.notify(String("{MY_DEVICE} - Control Probe disconnected or faulty!")); Probably Ctrl+C Ctrl+V problem… Probably converting everything to String and that’s why is not working, but I can’t test it now as I’m doing a long run test.

Hey @Gunner do you know if it would work on email Widget, like Blynk.email(DateAndTime()+" - {MY_DEVICE} ALARM", "Control Probe disconnected or faulty!"); ?

blynk email

I tested and apparently not… nor will it work in a display widget (as can BLYNK_INFO_DEVICE)

I guess it is only for push notifications as listed here…

- Added {DEVICE_NAME} placeholder for push notifications;

2 Likes

{MY_DEVICE}

it should be

{DEVICE_NAME}

1 Like

Nope. However, this is good idea I’ll add it too - https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/issues/1056

1 Like

Please also add in widget support if possible…

E.G. This already works perfectly for device type…
Blynk.virtualWrite(V56, BLYNK_INFO_DEVICE);

So that a Display, Terminal, Gauge, etc. Widget could also show which device in a multi-device project is sending some particular data to the App. E.G. In those odd situations when all devices run the same code and use the same vPins.
Blynk.virtualWrite(V56, DEVICE_NAME); (it courrently doesn’t compile)

For that we have Device Selector and Tiles widget. DEVICE_NAME is not hardware info, but server side.

Oh, I thought it was the name we give the devices in the App… at least my test seemed to show that.

I just thought it could be useful in some way, like how I currently use BLYNK_INFO_DEVICE in my terminal info.

It is. I mean that this info is not present on hardware as in case of BLYNK_INFO_DEVICE

1 Like