New Android Release 2.14.2

Enabled tilt option is just rotating it’s axises, it is not for controlling joystick handle’s position.

There you have it … I was expecting I could control the JoyStick … sorry to waste your time :smiley:

Heh… It was described in the widget’s info, that it is rotating axies and nothing more. Seems we need to rethink title for this option or make better doc.

Sure.
When I tap widget to set -1 degree (from 0) it displays -1, but my hardware (ESP8266) doesn’t receive it. If I try to set it to -2 nothing happens.
After a while it resets to zero again.

Tbh I just assumed it would work like this. I guess I have to program the Wemos to use the Gyroscope of the phone for controlling it with that. Also not a problem, but I figured you guys would make use of the Gyro to be able to control the JoyStick (feature request :wink: )

1 Like

Seems it is working correctly in such case. We’ll check

1 Like

Thak You.

One nice bonus from the custom notification sounds is an element of Android voice control.

We are only using $40 Android Smartphones, S3’s and S5’s rather than the latest models running Nougat so a typical process is:

Record “shoot” (smile, capture or cheese) as your custom 60s notification sound on the $40 phone. Put it alongside an S3 with the camera app open and it will take photos automatically every minute.

In our case the photo is uploaded to a server and becomes a geo- tagged image for a live Google Earth kml file. All done with Blynk’s Webhook and “Tracker” widgets, plus some fancy external scripting.

I’m sure there are plenty of other things you could do with the custom notification on a smartphone running Nougat. Anyone using Nougat on an S5 or sub $100 smartphone?

@Dmitriy any news on the Blynk Image widget?

Nope. Right now we’are starting work on history graph enhancements.