Need help with ESP-01s and Arduino Nano

Costas -> 59 - 64…

@Costas, this ancient language was successfully powering my first internet connection at a blazing speed of 33,6 kbps! :wink: But the key is: Is it a Blynk library issue? Or ESP AT command implementation issue?? To be honest: I DO NOT KNOW, as I’m not aware of any other system using ESP connecting to MCU by means of AT comm.

Marvin you are old :slight_smile: as me, mine was14,4kbps :slight_smile: lol

1 Like

Then mine was faster… Or… I’m a bit younger :rofl:

Yes that’s the righ question…maby ESP01 wont connect to blynk server without static settings set…
Can somebody confirm that?

blah, it was pretty much same period…:slight_smile:

Wow… My first Vic Modem ran at 1200… and I had used that computer “off line” for years prior to that elevated option :stuck_out_tongue: Yup, feeling old, but still got some teeth left :t_rex:

1 Like

No, it works with DHCP (if this is what you are asking). But he question is: Is YOUR DHCP “the same” as mine?? And I believe Blynk has no control (or it does?) over DHCP handling through AT comm.

1200bps… Then you almost could see those bits running through cable :rofl:

The ESP seems to handle all the connection, the router the DHCP and Blynk (via AT) just supplies the credentials with Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, ssid, pass, server, port); or varient of such

You could hear them quite well :smiley:

Yes, that is what I’m thinking…

So Costas here it is…

And please if would be easier consider me as very young :wink: newbie who wants fast answer and dirrect point where this issue was solved in forum? Please with link :wink:

do not blame my jokes :wink: i try to keep good atmosphere :slight_smile:

Oh yes, I remember this “music” quite well. And your compared with mine was a smooth jazz… I think

2400 for me.

Reading the posts you referred to suggests you are having DHCP problems and as advised by others you do not need a static IP.

You mentioned the IR library, forget that for now.

I would go back to the basic shield sketch, without static IP, and tell us what happens.

The realmusic was on ZX spectrum on ZX processor :slight_smile: but that iswhole another story Lol :slight_smile:

What a bunch of youngsters! 1200bps with an acoustic coupler was the norm when I started trying to connect to bulletin boards to find answers on how to make my TRS-80 do what I wanted it to!

Pete.

Yes smart coding considers small pieces code to bigger, same issues when i make it small as possible…I was trying this method small-bigger and I solved IR problems and many another, thanks for reading… .

So we are all generation Lol :slight_smile:

Basic sketch is behaving the same, i must set static to work…also when i put brand new ESP, or I factory reset it.

Stick with the basic sketch and without static IP. You need to fix this issue.

Do you have Serial Monitor access or do you not have a USB2TTL adaptor?

Did you use questions like “help” and “show me” a lot back then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like