Need help with ESP-01s and Arduino Nano

Then the answer was RTFM i’m glad thet we had evulution…

I use software seria lto make things more interesting :slight_smile: and i have access to serial monitor through arduino nano HW serial… Basic sketch also needs static settings to connect to blynk server.

Oh we still have that now :slight_smile: … we try to teach, not hand out.

It worked on me, so should work on most anyone else :stuck_out_tongue:

Common Gunner do not be so cruel…remember all those non sleeping nights reading man pages…
World is now much better :slight_smile: lol

@Nixon so, you have proper connection between the Nano and the ESP… independent 3.3v 1A power for ESP, level shifting, TX/RX crossover, etc. ?

Ofcourse Gunner, even a transistor switching Esp on off…:slight_smile:

@Nixon, it was your issue some 2 weeks ago when you tried to connect with Blynk and needed a statically given blynk server IP address?? Or I messed up topics and issues?

Yes but i ignored it till now…everything else working perfectly…:slight_smile:

I still do that now, just mostly via Google… :slight_smile:

I am not against questions, or answering them… just look at my posts - I supply answers with most critiques … I am against indications of asking only, and not learning… not saying you are this way, but some most certainly are :unamused:

And that is the problem!!..

(yes, a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

I would stick with direct power until the rest is operational

Paste your sketch with all the hw and sw serial but without static IP and just basic sketch.

Let’s see Serial Monitor output.

Android and latest everything as far as app and libraries?

What router do you have and presumably you ahve DHCP enabled?

Normal fixed line boradband etc?

Gunner i completely understand you,yes and i admire you you are in all posts since 2015…so from me bravo…big nerves, you still did not quit.

But those issues might be strictly connected! And in fact may be dependant of how ESP handles DHCP (and it might be, your internet setup can’t “talk” to this implementation…)

Strange as he didn’t become a Blynker until towards the end of 2016 :slight_smile:

1 Like

My influence is too great to be confined with puny time/date scales :stuck_out_tongue:

ok,maybe i am wrong about years i read a lot,but certanly he is in almost every topic:)

Let’s get this sorted. See my last but one post.

Blynk and this forum help keep me sane(ish) giving me something technical to do that doesn’t overwhelm me physically as quickly… I am most grateful for the availability to learn, share and and assist.

So, back to the OP…

have you confirmed all this? If so then carry on with @Costas as he is the better coder

• Separate 3.3v, 800mA - 1A power for ESP… share the GND with the Arduino. Be sure you have 3.3v to both the VCC (pin8) & CH_PD (pin 4) pins on the ESP-01

• Always cross the RX from one device with the TX on the other, visa versa. (e.g. from mouth to ear between to people)

• Use a TTL-USB adapter to first confirm or flash a recent AT firmware to the ESP-01, and preset it for 9600 BAUD if using SoftSerial

• https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/tools/flash_download_tools_v3.6.3_0.rar

• https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/ap/esp8266_at_bin_v1.6.1.zip2

• NOTE that the Arduino’s designated TX pin is at 5v level… and may or may not damage (or even just confuse) the ESP-01’s RX pin, which only expects 3.3v Use level shifter, voltage divider or take your chances.

• In most cases the designated RX & TX pins used on the Arduino are NOT the actual silkscreened RX/TX pins (depending on board type). Generally one uses Softserial on the Arduino UNO & Nano. Pick your digital pins according to the availability on the device, and confirm they are assigned properly in the sketch.

• https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial

• When using SoftSerial, use only 9600 BAUD for best results with Blynk. And again, make sure you have pre-programmed the ESP-01 (with AT commands) for the same 9600 BAUD

• Load a test script onto the Arduino, set the Softserial pins and BAUD rate properly for your Hardware. NOTE: Default sketch is preset for Hardware Serial, using Serial1 for Mega, Leonardo, Micro… and uses built in Serial for IDE serial monitor… these default configs will NOT work for UNO, Nano… adjust as required for SoftSerial.

// Hardware Serial on Mega, Leonardo, Micro...
// #define EspSerial Serial1

// or Software Serial on Uno, Nano...
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial EspSerial(2, 3); // these are the alternate RX, TX pins used on the Arduino (DON'T use the silk screened RX/TX ones)

// Your ESP8266 baud rate:
#define ESP8266_BAUD 9600 

Please do not laugh :slight_smile: i do not have access to main wireless router so i do not have any info…
Since it is wireless for whole building…
But i suppose it have DHCP enabled because when i set DHCP with wifi.setDHCP(1,1,1)
I connect to wifi and i get ip,gateway and subnet adresses…
So DHCP is working…

Serial monitor prints are pretty messed up because lots of my writings in code, what you need?

Basic sketch i will upload but i need to clean it a little…give me a little time…