Need help with ESP-01s and Arduino Nano

These are commands for ESP as standalone use, not so much for ESP as simple WiFi adapter.

Check out this simple example for UNO (works same as Nano) with ESP WiFi adapter

Yes,yes I tried thisā€¦
Butthere is no difference since Blynk.begin in its implementations calls exactly in the same order
Blynk.config(wifi,auth);
Blynk.connectWiFi(ssid, pass);
Blynk.connect();

and i am avoiding using Blynk.begin because i suppose from the same reason it halts in the line

while(this->connect() != true) {
ā€¦
}

and i can have better controll without it.

So can anybody please help me, this seems like problem i really could not solve.

I just showed you the reason and solutionā€¦ you need to use Blynk.begin() with ESP in AT mode as WiFi adapter, as the sketch no longer has direct communication to it.

Update:

wheni set fixed IP with wifi.setStationIp(ā€œ192.168.1.100ā€,ā€œ192.168.1.254ā€,ā€œ255.255.255.0ā€,1) in ESP flash it sucessfully connect to Blink server.

But when i set DHCP on with wifi.setDHCP(1,1,1) in ESP flash it NOT connect to Blynk Server.

Also when i reset ESP-01 to factory settings with wifi.restore() it connects to WiFi successfully but not on Blynk Serverā€¦

Where could be the problem?

Gunner with all respect i think you are not right i explained that implementation of Blynk.begin function uses (Calls) all 3 functions inside itself.

so i do not understand what you meant,what you are telling me and what did you meant with
ā€œā€¦ as the sketch no longer has direct communication to itā€ā€¦

Since i can 100% sucessfully use public functions in ESP8266_Lib.h and also public functions in
BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.hā€¦

But there is lots of dirty programing in blynk libraries, i think because of complexity of the materia.
So not all functions work as expected.

I am not arguing i just express my point of view but maybe i am wrong, so please do correct meā€¦:slight_smile:

I am an active user of both ESP as shield and standalone useā€¦ so I have a bit of current experience with both :wink:

Almost anything is possible if you dig into the libraries and tweek it to your heartā€™s contentā€¦ But for practical, ā€˜majority of use casesā€™ā€¦ if you want full ā€˜out of the boxā€™, easy access to WiFi commands, use an ESP as a direct use device. The ESP as shield is a workaround for older hardware and may not get further development anymore so then the Model T will be on Ford Motor Companyā€™s to-do list.

1 Like

Gunner you pointed me this minimal 3 times in discussion :wink: you do not have to be cinical :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with you completely :slight_smile: But letā€™s say I am an old fart :wink: and want to use ESP01 like shield for arduino.

The library ESP8266_Lib.h is definitely compactible with Arduino and BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h should be, but i can not debug
BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h library deep enough to see where is the problem.

So please have in mind that i would like to make it run for my case, so if you have any idea for tweeking to solve my problem i am open to hear itā€¦:wink:

As i said when i set static IP,Gateway and Subnet mask things work when its not set only blynk.connect returns Falseā€¦

@Gunner, itā€™s a bit like saying that a hybrid car is a workaround on the way to fully electric cars. Iā€™d prefer to call it an evolution, not a workaround! :wink:

Evolution or not :wink: please somebody help me :wink:

Iā€™m sorry, but as I have not met such issues, Iā€™m not the one, who can help! :stuck_out_tongue: But yes, my personal experience of communicating with ESP by means of AT commands leads me to reject it as a reliable hardware pair. It is usable, but I wouldnā€™t rely on it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with @Gunner on this, a kludge for an MCU that is not IOT friendly with the expectation that support will be minimal as itā€™s a poor connection method that doesnā€™t offer true IOT features like OTA etc.

1 Like

I have around 50 Nanoā€™s and maybe 5 or 6 ESP-01ā€™s. They are in my ā€œleave alone, too much troubleā€ box.

Provide a short update of where you are at (no pun intended) and hopefully someone will offer a fix.

Correct, but still this MCU can reliably work as an IOTā€¦ I had it connected with W5100 (original? not trouble makingā€¦) for almost a year, and never had an issues. And it was an early Blynk stage. Currently it is not used, but this connection was far better than Atmega + ESPā€¦

do not understandā€¦

at / AT, get it?

2 Likes

I can not belive, if any body knows where is the problem or how to fix it whats difference it means where am i? In Europeā€¦and you Costas?

This brings me back to begining of my post, i ignore this problem, and try hard to fully integrate ESP-01 and Blynk with my project, i must admit fully successfully and iā€™am suprised how it can work stable, maybe i will pay provisioning, i still considering itā€¦but if i can not solve this issue, there is no point, i will have to switch to another solution and another IOT providersā€¦

I do not want to quit Blynk but if i can not get answer here on the forum how to solve my problem i really do not where to get it.

@Nixon the Nano ā€œtalksā€ to the ESP via an ancient ā€œlanguageā€ known as ā€œAT commandsā€.

Iā€™m a native English speaker living on the edge of Europe towards Asia. What I was asking was for an update of what stage you have got to. The thread is getting quite long, like many ESP shield threads, and many readers, me included, will not take the time to read every post in detail.

Hence my request for a status report.

Have you tried to search this forum for keywords like esp-01? :wink:

This issue has been asked, explained and resolved so many timesā€¦ generally comes down to user error in linking the two as there are many steps involved.

IMHO that would be a mistake but your choice.
There is a solution as there are many users with the ā€œnightmareā€ connection method you are looking to use. Hence my request for an update as Iā€™m not reading all 83 posts to find out what your latest position is.

1 Like