My BBQ cooking monitor - ESP8266 dual K-probe via MAX31855 & OLED display

Pete, I have tried both Arduino IDE versions. The result is the same.
I am confused about the verbose output you have mentioned. It is turned on in file/preferences to be shown for compilation. This is exactly 20 lines after compile attempt in Arduino IDE 1.8.13
I have also tried to use BlynkTimer timer; instead of SimpleTimer timer; in both versions without success.

C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkTimer.h:41:7: note: in expansion of macro 'SimpleTimer'
 class SimpleTimer {
       ^
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\ESP8266WiFi 
Using library ESP8266mDNS at version 1.2 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\ESP8266mDNS 
Using library ArduinoOTA at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\ArduinoOTA 
Using library ESP8266WebServer at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\ESP8266WebServer 
Using library ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer 
Using library Blynk at version 0.6.1 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk 
Using library SimpleTimer at version 1.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SimpleTimer 
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\Wire 
Using library MAX31855 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MAX31855 (legacy)
Using library Adafruit_GFX_Library at version 1.10.4 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library 
Using library Adafruit_SSD1306 at version 2.4.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_SSD1306 
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\SPI 
Using library Time-master at version 1.6 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time-master 
Using library RunningMedian at version 0.2.1 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RunningMedian 
Using library Adafruit_BusIO at version 1.7.0 in folder: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO 
exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 0.9 (ESP-12 Module).

That’s odd.
When I compile the code with verbose compilation messages turned on, I get 233 lines of data and the last screen-full looks like this…

Interestingly, when I just re-compiled the code just now I received this error…

Using library Time at version 1.6 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time 
Using library RunningMedian at version 0.1.15 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RunningMedian 
Using library Adafruit_BusIO at version 1.7.1 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO 
exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 0.9 (ESP-12 Module).

Then I realised that I hadn’t copied/pasted all of the code and that I was missing the void loop. When I copied/pasted it again and selected all of the code it compiled successfully.

Is it possible that you didn’t copy paste everything from the original sketch?

Pete.

I was hoping I didnt copied the whole code, but that is not the case. All 587 lines of code is there. Is there a way to have some better error log where we can see what exactly is the problem? I am not a programmer, and have no clue how to troubleshoot this other than what Im advised here. It is a pity, but it seams I`ll do my BBQ Amish style. :frowning:

Try to see if File/Preferences/Compiler Warnings - All gives more information.

Pete.

1 Like

Dave, restart did not help.
Are you suggesting I install your version of libraries?

Peter, turning on all warnings showed nothing new.

Dave, we have the same versions of libraries except my RunningMedian is 0.2.1, and yours is legacy.

nah, the problem is likely with the installation of your libraries, not their versions or code.

but can you post up the EXACT code you are trying to compile? and i will see if i can spot any syntax errors…

so usually if i have issues, i pare the code back to bare minimum and start again.

but for you, this code is an amalgamation of various discrete features and functions AND it is all combined with Blynk.

so you pulling my code apart and testing discrete parts will take more learning than just trying to fix your library issue…

Lurking here a long time, first time responder.

Does anyone have a reliable ebay or aliexpress foodtype k probe link? The vijf different that i orderd seem to be ntc types and not K, so de max31855 gives a not connected message.

I’ve never had a problem with ebay k-probes, have had maybe 10 or more, all good.

Hello i have the new BLYNK and i dont get the QR code to work

It’s a Blynk legacy QR code.
Are you signed-up to a Legacy (old) account or IoT (new) account?

Pete.

Hello Pete on a new Account i have start to program my ESP8266

If you are using Blynk IoT then the QR code won’t work, as it’s a link to a project on the legacy servers.

Pete.

Ok Thanks I install now old Blynk is now working
Is it possible to add a fan the start to add more air in the grill to get to target temperature?

Yes, if your coding skills are sufficiently good.

Pete.

Hello peter i need you help
i get this errors

‘MAX31855’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘MAX31855_h’?

More information required.

Pete.

@bjarne007 simply dumping your entire error message into this topic isnt helpful.

Your last question was…

Are you using the original code, or have you modified it in some way?

If it’s the original code, what version of the Blynk library are you using, and which MAX31855 are you using (library source and version required).

Pete.

hello Pete
I use you original code, No modified
i use Blynk github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library&via=blynk_app&hashtags=IoT,iOS,Android,Arduino,ESP8266,ESP32,RaspberryPi)
i use Max31855 (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-MAX31855-library/workflows/Arduino%20Library%20CI/badge.svg)

If you want me to help then you need to answer my questions.

Pete.