Multi devices eventor

Hi community !

I’m using enventor. I don’t find how i can say : when v10 ( on devices 1 ) i higher than 30 turn off GPIO5 ( on devices 2 )

Wich is target devices ? for take info or give order ?

I’m not sure, but I guess it’s not possible.
you can use bridge widget to send the data to the other device first, then use eventor.

In the new blynk, eventor has been replaced with automation, which will give you the ability to control other devices using a single template, for example

so I’d suggest moving to the new blynk instead.

I can’t i’m using locals erver…

Thanks @PeteKnight for modification of my post

Maybe i can uste two ESP8266 with same token for do this ( like only one devices )

That’s a bad strategy.
In fact, using Eventor is also a bad strategy. You’d be far better coding the solution properly.

Pete.

I know it’s bad strategy but it work, and i don’t know other way

The correct way is what @John93 said - use Bridge code, but I wouldn’t use Eventor at all, I’d do it all in code.

If you have two devices with the same auth token then you have no way to tell which on of them is on/offline in the server console or app.
It can also lead to other issues, as the sever doesn’t expect to be asked for two open keep-alive connections from the same auth token.

I find it fascinating that you appear to have virtually no coding skills and are happy to adopt strategies that ate totally wrong for Blynk, yet you plan to maintain your own legacy local server. Local server management and maintenance is quite an undertaking to do properly, and if you don’t do it properly then there is a good change that tie device will simply stop working one day, and you’ll have no backups of your projects or your data. Or, that your device will be hacked because you haven’t taken appropriate security measures.
Hopefully your project isn’t anything “mission critical” for your home, and sudden and total failure with no practical means of restoring the service isn’t going to cause any inconvenience.

Pete.

First, I have a serious handicap, which prevents me from learning normally.
I try every day to concentrate, to be interested in different things.
You mean because of that I have to abandon my plans? I’m just trying to take it step by step

At the server level everything is good, I have backups, and everything is secure.

For coding it is true that I do not know much about it, but it is by doing that we learn.

For the bridge problem, first I will modify my installation so that my temperature sensor is on the same ESP8266 as my relay. Then I would look at this notion of bridge and its coding

I thank you despite everything for your help, thanks to you despite my handicap I realize small project, and I learn.

I think you need to re-read my comments.

That’s good, because previously you were running a version of local server which was two years out of date, at a time when frequent updates were being released.
What version of local server are you running now?

Bridge isn’t required if you don’t need to transfer data between two devices.

Pete.

I’m using 0.41.17, latest.

I know this, but i want to learn how it work,

Check this example

also, you can check the documentation as well

If i understand, here :

void blynkAnotherDevice() // Here we will send HIGH or LOW once per second
{
  // Send value to another device
  if (value) {
    bridge1.digitalWrite(9, HIGH);  // Digital Pin 9 on the second board will be set HIGH
    bridge1.virtualWrite(V5, 1); // Sends 1 value to BLYNK_WRITE(V5) handler on receiving side.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Keep in mind that when performing virtualWrite with Bridge,
    // second board will need to process the incoming command.
    // It can be done by using this handler on the second board:
    //
    //    BLYNK_WRITE(V5){
    //    int pinData = param.asInt(); // pinData variable will store value that came via Bridge
    //    }
    //
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  } else {
    bridge1.digitalWrite(9, LOW); // Digital Pin 9 on the second board will be set LOW
    bridge1.virtualWrite(V5, 0); // Sends 0 value to BLYNK_WRITE(V5) handler on receiving side.
  }
  // Toggle value
  value = !value;
}

By activate button attached to D9 on device1 i will control V5 on device2 ?

( exemple: D9 attached button on device1 will blink widget Led attached to V5 on device2 ? )

It work on both side ? if i activate button attached to V5 on device2 i will control D9 on device1 ?

Thakns a lot

I don’t believe you can do this.

You should use virtual pins in the Blynk app, it makes life much easier.
Read this…

Also, it’s impossible to make useful comments on Bridge code based on a small snippet from one device.
You need to post the full sketch from both the sending device and the receiving device.

Pete.

It’s sketch from exemple : Blynk Example Browser

I don’t want to setup it now, i just want to know if i suppose it’s ok

If/when you do actually want to use it then if it’s not working you should post both your sending and receiving sketches.

Pete.

Hi !
I’m trying use bridge, first thing :

Creating new project with two devices : MasterBridge and SlaveBridge

Modify sketch :

#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID           "TMPLxxxxx"
#define BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME           "Devices"
#define BLYNK_AUTH_TOKEN            "YourAuthToken"

For this i don’t know wich is good value, from Master ? from Slaves ?

Think token is and devices name is from slave right ?

And for template ?

Or i’ve to make two different project ?

Thanks

So start by explaining exactly what it is that you are trying to achieve with this bridge, why it is being used, and what data is being transferred from one device to another.

Each device needs a unique Auth token, and most likely different templates.

Pete.

I want receive value ( t°, humidity ) from slave to master than master wich can control relay.

OR

I could use each ESP8266 with its own relay management

What’s the better way ?

To be honest, your brief description doesn’t help.

If it’s physically practical to have a single device taking readings and controlling a relay then this would always be my preferred approach.

It’s not always practical to do that - for example when you want to monitor the temperature in a living room but control a boiler that’s located in a basement. In that situation you probably need two devices - one in the living room and the other in the basement - with reading being sent from one to the other.
In this scenario I’d make the device with the sensor attached the slave device, with the master device being the one in the basement which makes all of the decisions about actions based on the readings from the slave and values such as target temperature, auto manual mode, hours of operation etc which come from the app.

That’s the most advice you’re going to get from me, unless you can be bothered to articulate your use-case in much more detail.

Pete.