Library 0.5.0 Anti-flooding methods seem to affect void loop() and timer consistency

I understand that. But maybe you can remove this limitation for the local server?

2 Likes

I assume we may need to do it by ourselves, and as the Blynk library is open source (Thanks to Blynk Team!) it shouldnā€™t be that hard for some skilled coder (well, Iā€™m not the one!). Perhaps comparing files in 0.4.8 with affected (new library) ??

of course. But we need a hint of the author where to look for it, not to waste time

Somewhere near Blynk.virtualwrite() ?? :wink: No time for now, but as a challenge - I may look at sources. Who knowsā€¦

Quick search, probably a blind shot, butā€¦ What will happen, IF we define following:
#define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0

??? Anybody dare to try?

Really no time for more

add: there is the following:
#if defined(BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT) && BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT > 0
and then some time countdowns. So probably it needs to be ZEROā€¦ (orā€¦Iā€™m totally wrongā€¦ probably :P)

3 Likes

@marvin7 Should do :wink:

Yup @vshymanskyy , just noticed thatā€¦ :smiley: As for me, sending data is again as fast as in 0.4.8

1 Like

So to confirmā€¦ all I have done is add #define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 to one of my fast processing RGB sketchesā€¦ and it seems to have less issues, allowing me to push the timer to 10ms (sending two Blynk commands each loop) without seeing ā€˜as muchā€™ pausing in my running projectā€¦ but still happens every so often (App just pauses for almost 2-3 seconds, then seems to play rapid catch up and carry on smoothly for another 30+ seconds or so)

I used to be able to drop the timer to 8msā€¦ So, anything else I need to do to revoke the governor nanny oversight?

3 Likes

How exactly it pauses? Freezez? And how many commands do you send at the time?

Yesā€¦ just stops all action on the Appā€¦ then 2-3 seconds later it acts like it is on fast forward for perhaps a second then normal operation. The length of time for normal operation seems random. The sketch itself keeps running smoothly as I am also controlling a physical RGB with same loop and values.

2 commands each timed loop: both Blynk.setProperty() One for the random LED on my matrix and one for a button on another tab that flashes rapidly like my physical LED.

As stated, it is not stalling out nearly as bad as before I changed the #define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 to zeroā€¦ so at 10ms I am pushing a steady 200 Blynk commands a second (confirmed with a counter)ā€¦ so perhaps I am just hitting the top limit for my setup?

Quite mesmerizing when it runs smoothly :slight_smile:

and please make it available on YouTube as some people will not be able to watch in your local time. Thanks

thanks guys

I have been spending so much time testing stuff on my ESP32 (darn that thing is fast :horse_racing: ) ā€¦ so I needed to try this ā€œfixā€ on an ESP8266 with a scaled down version of the vRGB matrix I am running on my ESP32 (and processing 200 Blynk commands a second).

However, I am NOT seeing any improvement? The best I can get before seeing void loop slowdown is 10 commands a second (1 Blynk.setProperty() on a 100ms timer) ā€¦ and this is with the CPU running at 160Mhz and half the background processes of the ESP32 sketch

@vshymanskyy is this BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 the correct way to disable this throttling or not?

Yes, it is. You can always check if a particular piece of code gets compiled by inserting #error "Compiles" directive there.
if it fails to compile - it means the code gets compiled. Then you can remove #error

1 Like

OK, thanksā€¦ maybe I am just getting spoiled with the speed of the ESP32 :stuck_out_tongue:

Yikesā€¦ new coding tricks I need to understandā€¦ I will try to figure it out.

Well, I canā€™t figure out the #error syntax :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I did discover that having #define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 load AFTER the libraries was the issueā€¦ doh :blush:

3 Likes

Now you can all witness the flickerpower of this partially armed and almost fully operational battlā€¦erā€¦ testbench :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9CtKxPi9o

7 Likes

Hi @vshymanskyy
Just checking if you still working on developing the webinar ? (in case I may have missed it :wink: )