Library 0.5.0 Anti-flooding methods seem to affect void loop() and timer consistency

As stated, it is not stalling out nearly as bad as before I changed the #define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 to zero… so at 10ms I am pushing a steady 200 Blynk commands a second (confirmed with a counter)… so perhaps I am just hitting the top limit for my setup?

Quite mesmerizing when it runs smoothly :slight_smile:

and please make it available on YouTube as some people will not be able to watch in your local time. Thanks

thanks guys

I have been spending so much time testing stuff on my ESP32 (darn that thing is fast :horse_racing: ) … so I needed to try this “fix” on an ESP8266 with a scaled down version of the vRGB matrix I am running on my ESP32 (and processing 200 Blynk commands a second).

However, I am NOT seeing any improvement? The best I can get before seeing void loop slowdown is 10 commands a second (1 Blynk.setProperty() on a 100ms timer) … and this is with the CPU running at 160Mhz and half the background processes of the ESP32 sketch

@vshymanskyy is this BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 the correct way to disable this throttling or not?

Yes, it is. You can always check if a particular piece of code gets compiled by inserting #error "Compiles" directive there.
if it fails to compile - it means the code gets compiled. Then you can remove #error

1 Like

OK, thanks… maybe I am just getting spoiled with the speed of the ESP32 :stuck_out_tongue:

Yikes… new coding tricks I need to understand… I will try to figure it out.

Well, I can’t figure out the #error syntax :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I did discover that having #define BLYNK_MSG_LIMIT 0 load AFTER the libraries was the issue… doh :blush:

3 Likes

Now you can all witness the flickerpower of this partially armed and almost fully operational battl…er… testbench :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9CtKxPi9o

7 Likes

Hi @vshymanskyy
Just checking if you still working on developing the webinar ? (in case I may have missed it :wink: )