Labeled value display, strange value from step widget

Yes, now it is ok. Log sent.

Also, let’s clarify the project structure, Step widget is on the V2 ? And pin of labeled display?

Display is V1

What I see from the log: step widget has enabled range mapping and it is sending data converted from [min,max] to [-9999,9999]

Ok, range mapping explains my latest issues with the -9999 to 9999.
Now it is turned off and the values except at zero is correct.
Log sent.

Edit
If the step is set to 1 it is ok, but if it is set to 0.1 the zero value is incorrect.

Seems I still haven’t received the new log.

Thanks, I’ve understood your issue. Seems we would need to add some rounding of sent values, as we are sending floats, so zero are not strictly equal to 0, but in your case is 3.1292439E-7.

Ok, I don’t know how floats are calculated, but it is strange that the value is so far from zero. With a range of -5 to 5 the zero is -2.5.

I wish you good luck with your fix.

Seems I’ve again missed the point. I see that correct data is sent from step widget. it’s almost zero (or around zero). I’ll also check what value labeled display had received.

Heh, found the problem. It seems that hardware could not understand ‘3.1292439E-7’ az ‘0’ and parses it as ‘3.129’. I think it could have the effect also on other control widgets. We’ll fix it, thank we now know what causes such strange behavior.

It is differences in type of hardware then, since you could not reproduce the error?

It would be fixed in next bugfix release (i guess today or tomorrow)

Has been fixed in 2.13.4 that would be available soon.

After updating to 2.14.4 the Labeled value display shows zero when the step widget is zero, good work. But there still is one issue. If the step widgets lowest range is set to a negative number, it will stop after one step. If the range is set to -5 to 5, it will start at -5 and go to -4 with one push, (step set to 1) but no further. I can move between -5 and -4, but no higher number.

And the Labeled value display shows zero at all the time…

Maybe you have enabled range mapping? I could not reproduce this issue without range mapping ON, but with this option it exists. Will be fixed in next release

No, range mapping is off.

This sounds like the same issue I am having regarding the Step widget and negative values.

Did this problem start after the latest update?

I’m not sure exactly during wich version it first appeared, but it was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

Ok, I think this latest issue started with the 2.14.4 update. I use step widgets to calibrate temp sensors, it was never a problem with negative numbers before, only the zero issue.