Irrigation relay with timer - esp8266 - WIP

Thanks for reply. I use Blynk with Esp standalone. Arduino 1.6.4.

@juncaofish please give me your email.

xxxxxx
The mail/notification/graph all fail to work.

@juncaofish

You need to activate dashboard in order to get pushes, mails, graph. Have you did that? App could be in sleep mode but dashboard should be activated.

Yes I activate it. Actually I have been using this app for a while to control relays, read DHT22 . I’m sure the library version is 0.2.4. And I have taken reference of the example to use notification/mail widget. The graph widget doesn’t work either. So I doubt some software is not the latest. Maybe the Arduino support for ESP8266? I only installed it once several weeks ago.

@juncaofish

Please try logout and login again. Remove/add widgets again.

Thanks tzapulica!!! Works like a charm on the ESP8266-01. I still haven’t been able to get it to run on the ESP8266-201. Any ideas what the difference might be?

I’m mainly using Blynk so far for my irrigation system on Arduino Yun. It’s a bit more advanced since yun is reading weather forecasts and based on probability of the rain and tempratures it decides wether it should open valves at specific times or not. As for refreshing state of certain buttons/leds, there is a way around it so Refresh button is not needed. Also your code is not really clear on whats going on where. Another thing BLYNK_READ() and BLYNK_WRITE() according to documentation should have as little code as possible.

Nice project, tzapulica, I’m using it on a Esp v.01 by changing pin to 2 instead of 5, and like you would to see it respond more cleanly such as move the slider back as the time counts down, and turn off the v0 button light.
A couple of things(as a newbie) I’m have problems with are, one, can’t get the led to light, not a biggie, and second,
when I set the slider the v5 shows 1 less when v0 is pushed. I added a “+1” to the Blynk.virtualWrite(5, remaining);
this helps but still a dirty way to coordinate v5 and v6. .Would be nice to be able to set day and time in timer.

@chrome1000 i don t have an esp-201 so can t test, sorry. glad you like it.
@conkerkh care to share your yun project? also could you describe how to refresh the state of a button? has there been a change ? last i tried i coud not set the button state from the esp side. appreciate the rest of the pointers, cheers
@wjflier i would guess the led might not be on the proper virtual pin? no other ideas spring to mind. when the button is pushed it starts the countdown so basically, you no longer have full X minutes hence the -1

after playing with this for a while i am thinking of redoing it from the ground up seeing that i now know a bit more about how i want to use it, also that blynk is a bit more stable is nice :smile:

uploaded a new version: blynk sprinkler relay github

this one does four individual channels with their own timeouts.
as usual, it s very much a work in progress. i was not able to test it in the wild, but my bench tests make it look quite stable.

1 Like

@tzapulica when i a known wifi network aint access able i get a “mdns error” from serial port. Any idea whats wrong? Using 1.6.5 arduino and latest ESP 8266

Best regards

Volodymyr, can you share the code for servo control with ESP8266 without Arduino?

@Sylvania2 seems you need to disable mdns in the library.

lots of changes to the arduino core right now…

Volodymyr, can you share some example with HC-SR04+ESP8266 and wiring diagram?

@semx, Unfortunately I’m quite busy… Maybe someone from the community can help.
Anyway I think you posted to the wrong topic / forum. In general you should ask esp8266 community forum.

Thanks so much for sharing this great project. I need to expand to 8 zones but should be straightforward if I use the smaller slider widget. I am successfully running on the Adafruit Huzzah ESP but have a question regarding relay control. Are you directly driving a relay board (such as Sainsmart) through the GPIOs, or do you recommend an alternate way of controlling the zones? I am asking, of course, because of the 3.3V limit on those GPIO pins. It seems to me that although the current needed to drive the opto couplers is small, the LEDs inside might need 5V to properly operate. Any thoughts here?

Hi, glad you like it.

I ve got some ttl driveable relay boards and drive those directly. Worked fine for a lot of last year and just reinstated it this weekend.

I ve seen a menu widget in the last blynk app, that would make a better selector than the slider but not sure what the limitations are…

Goid luck

Alex, thanks much for the advice. I have noticed that some of the GPIO pins on the Huzzah are a bit touchy when it comes to consistent operation, perhaps due to double-duty they perform. So I am experimenting with different pins to identify 6 that operate the relays consistently (my relay board actuates on LOW rather than HIGH, and I suspect some interference from other chip operations.) I will look into the Menu widget as well, but I do like the slider as a quick way to move through the zones. Maybe a small knob-type selector switch with defined steps as a new widget?

@voyager i have an esp8266 evd same like yours, i need a correct read just to switch off/on the pin n5 using arduino ide. the blynk sketch already installed and the app too. thank you