I have a problem with setup local Blynk server to Orange Pi Zero

Hi. I am new to this forum, greetings from me. I have a problem with setup local Blynk server to Orange Pi Zero. I follow all this steps how to install server on Orange Pi but unsuccessful. It says “Server start successfully” and i can connect from browser but i can not connect from android app. is anybody have this problems? Sorry if is wrong topic.
Thanks!

so, if im getting this correctly, you can contact the server on port 9443 in the browser… but not from the APP on the phone?

Correct?

can you open a browser ON THE PHONE and connect?

Yes correct. And yes i can open on the phone browser.
I tape these in my app:
username: admin@blynk.cc
pass: admin
my local ip port 9443
i try change port to 8443 but nothing
The same situation is when i go on Create New Account, i try put for example:
username: blynktest@blynk.cc
pass: blynktest

what if you tried an older version of the server software?

Welcome to this forum! Just one question as you are new… Did you specify custom server path in your application??

1 Like

Thanks Psoro
You mean on that switch BLYNK or CUSTOM where type ip and port, yes i switch to CUSTOM.
First i install Armbian (Armbian_5.75_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.19.20) on SD card with Win32DiskImager. When is finish i put SD card in OPI zero and connect into it with Putty
I change pass and login name to “pi”. For some reason when i tape command “sudo apt-get install default-jre” they show errors like:

E: Failed to fetch http://ports.ubuntu.com/pool/main/c/cupslibcups2_2.2.7-lubuntu2.3_armhf.deb" etc

But when i instal this first:

su -
echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886
apt-get update
apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

Then i can tape this “sudo apt-get install default-jre” and continiue without errors, but in the end i still can t connect to server from app, i try this 10 times and still nothing. Is this can be a problem, i connect OPi zero to my internet router (wire) and my phone connect on the same router (wifi) maybe my router have wrong setup. I already use Blynk app for my central heating but is not local server it s run from Blynk cloud, they connect on same router can it affect it? Sry for bad english.

Hi @roky91,
My skills for linux are really (really) limited, I’m sorry, I can’t help you with your commands…
Anyway, I use debian from here and my server works properly after installing java8 and cron…
If you want, I can send you a small guide step by step what I do from zero (fresh installation) to run the server…
Let me know

1 Like

I would be very grateful if you could send it for me.

No worries, I’ll send you a PM with all instructions I follow.
Keep in mind last server update doesn’t contain java8 version… java10 will be required if you want to keep updating the server at the Orange Pi Zero…

1 Like

Hello everybody. I’m new in linux and Blynk.
I have some problem with local blynk server installation for Orange Pi Zero. When i try to install java8 it takes errors.
Maybe somebody have some guide for that?

Hi @Astr0,
Are you using Armbian??
I’m using it right now with the Orange Pi Zero, I can provide the commands to install Java 8 step by step… let me know…

Hi.

Yes, I installed Armbian.
I tried to use this method: “Set up Orange Pi Zero as Blynk Local Server”. but have problem with java.

Hi @psoro,
I will be grateful for any help or hint/

Hi @Astr0,
Sorry for my late reply…

I have been checking my notes about “Java 8” at Armbian and is as simple as do:

“apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk”

At the very beginning, I was thinking about installing Java 8 at Debian… totally different!

Regards

2 Likes

Hi @psoro,
I have tested “apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk”, and Blynk Server comes to live!
Thank you!

1 Like