I am bigginer and i need help

I not only gave you what you need, but also what you asked for… and very courteously. If you are not happy with it, then you might be in the wrong place for answers ← now that is “accent” :wink:

1 Like

Is this the RobotDyn or something completely different?

If this is not your hardware do you have a link for your product so we know what you are working with?

Excuse me my freind, but i felt that you think i am looking for someone to make every thing to me.
But actually i am a begginer and i am looking for the first step
And i have difficulty in finding it in this website

Regards.

Yes it is
Completly the same

Do have any manual for it or link
I am looking hardly for it’s manual without any result

@bhaa my understanding is that product is a little confusing with 8 dip switch settings for different modes of operation. Were you provided with any documentation or links from the supplier?

What have you been able to do with the product before you found Blynk?

I was just typing this when I saw your post.

First step:

Second steps:

https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server

Third Step:
Be thankful that anyone gives you the first few steps :wink:

And I recommend you treat your board as a basic Arduino Mega, perhaps with USB-Link (it is in the documents) until you get the hang of basic Blynk and Local server.

Meanwhile @Costas loves ESP8266 devices hacked into Arduinos :stuck_out_tongue: so he may, or may not, take it from here. Have fun :smiley:

Google gave me some details about your product but not too much.
I have quite a bit of experience with different soc boards but I would be quite wary of buying a “new” board without any documentation. It becomes guesswork on how you need to set them up and it can be very time consuming.

You said you want to use Blynk without the internet so you need to study the local server setup details on their GitHub site. The link has already been provided by @Gunner but duplicated here in case you missed it https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server

You will then have 2 decisions to make:

1. What hardware do you want to buy as your local server as the current product can’t be a server.

2. How do I want to connect my RobotDyn to the server. WiFi is probably the way to go based on the product you have but it’s not the only way.

Take a look at this site for a few details on your product and use Google translate for the postings in French https://www.element14.com/community/message/210703/l/robotdyn-card-mega-wifi-r3-atmega2560-esp8266-8-mb-mémoire#210703

Thank you so much

Search facilities is the most powerful tool I have in my workshop.

Once you have worked out how to set the dip switches, from the link I provided, there is a sketch on this site for connecting to Blynk’s cloud server at [RobotDyn WIFI D1 R2]Login timeout

This will at least allow you to learn the “Blynk way” before you set up a local server etc.

There is even an schematic here with dipswitch settings: https://tinyurl.com/hqyazzt

From what I can tell you can set it up with different connections to different parts of the board. I actually quite like the integration that is going on here, but it is rather a complicated thing.

The first thing you need to do, I think, is confirm which kind of firmware is running on the ESP chip. I suspect that will be the infamous AT firmware, which in this case is probably good (see the dip settings to have the USB connected to the ESP chip and read that out with a serial terminal program like Putty).

Secondly, if you confirmed the AT firmware is running on there you can set it into special mode. From what I gather the special mode is basically the “Arduino using ESP as a shield” mode. So, you need to find the corresponding sketches in the Blynk library (from the examples) and try those. Remember the ESP is connected to Tx3/Rx3 of the Arduino, as seen in @Costas his link to the board with the french posts :slight_smile:

-found it on ebay too, I’ve ordered one, a bit more expensive than Ali, but I don’t have a CC

AliExpress in English for this product https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mega-WiFi-R3-ATmega2560-ESP8266-8Mb-memory-USB-TTL-CH340G-Compatible-for-Arduino-Mega-NodeMCU-WeMos/32740014666.html

Hello
I already make my first project which is controlling relay by using arduino mega and bu usp serial method.
I need now to make the same project but by wiffi method and using esp8266 12E node Mcu as wiffi shield.
I know there is better idea which it to use wemos
But i need to start with these components as they are exsist and i have difficulty in getting new components.
I was looking for such a project in blynk comunitty
And i tried to do some examples but i need just to know the connections between the both boards( arduino mega 2560 and esp8266 12E node Mcu)

Best regards.

Good news, I received mine today and I actually managed to upload some old code into it, despite myself acting on just two brain cells for the time being.

I think I like this product. No more fiddling with ESP shield connections, if you select the correct dipswitch your ESP is correctly wired for use as a shield and it appears to be pretty stable.

Admittedly, it’s not the cheapest solution, but the board seems to be well build and comes loaded with the latest AT (0.51.0 based on SDK 1.5.0). A little improvement could be including an antenna for the price of 23 bucks. That isn’t included but I’d highly recommend getting one to improve the range.

Further experiments to follow, but I have to paint the house and get it sold asap… which takes precedence, lol.

3 Likes

Yes - a nice board but for a $20 (an Ali) I prefer discrete solution (A Mega for ~$7 + ESP01 for ~$2). But it is always good to have more then less (a choice here)

1 Like

Hi, i’m the french man who left before some topics about the “famous” Mega + WiFi R3 ATmega2560 + ESP8266 (8 Mb mémoire), USB-TTL CH340G. Compatible pour Arduino Mega, NodeMCU, WeMos ESP8266.
I just read u finaly have recieved and did some try with one !
I will be really interrested by some simple skech for trying by my own.
I’m not really good on writing line linked web task.
I understand well that u are on some house painting for now, so i will wait.:slight_smile:

Thanks you in advance

Where you able to get the Wifi working? I have the same board and and I still haven´t the faintest idea how to get the wifi working :weary:

Well, I f*cked up and messed up the bootloader. Unfortunately, with my tinyusbisp I cannot upload a bootloader to the Mega, so I’m waiting on a friend with a decent programmer to restore it, so …

So nobody knows how to use the wifi on this board? :sweat:

unfortunately