How to setup blynk local server with port forwarding in the router

Hi sir.@PeteKnight
I just want to know how to set up my port forwarding or port mapping in my router for my Blynk local server.

. These are the settings or configurations needed to be filled in. I am not so good with routers, so let me know how to set up these fields. I have set up the server in my raspberry pi 3b+.
corresponding details:
Huawei EchoLife EG8145V5
public IP: 103.122.14.176

Thanks in advance;
Rick

In the Internal Host field put the IP address of your Blynk server.
When you click “Apply” you should see additional fields that ask for more info.
Choose:

Protocol: TCP/UDP
External Port: 9443 - 9443
Internal Port: 9443 - 9443

Unless you have a static public IP then you’ll also need to set-up a DDNS service and run an updater on your network, and use the DDNS url in your app custom server settings, along with port 9443

If you want your devices to be located outside of your network then you’ll need to repeat this for port 8080 and use the DDNS url and port 8080 in your sketch.

Pete.

I have a question , when I put the up address of the blynk server it is claiming it to be wrong but when I put the rpi up address then it is accepting in the external port host field .
Is there something I am doing wrong ?
And after configuration is done then what should I do ? Should I be able access the blynk server in my laptop ? I ask this because I am not able to do so .@PeteKnight

Probably, but without more info it’s impossible to say.

If you mean that you have installed the Blynk local server on your laptop and can’t currently create a new account from the app when your phone is connected to your local network via WiFi then you need to fix that issue first.
If you mean something else then you need to explain better.

Pete.

i have installed my server in rpi. now it is only able to controll the appliances i local network which is obvious. i want to be able do port forwarding and be able to use the blynk app using my mobile data or any other network.

Why do you have an entry in the External Source IP Address field?

Pete.

should i not enter anything ?

My assumption is that this is to limit access to a range of external IP addresses, which isn’t what you want.

Pete.

yes .
i want to access the server from internet. can you pls correct my mistake in the entries?

can you pls explain in this form?
type:
application:
internal host:
external source IP address:
protocol:
internal port number:
external port number:
can you pls enter the things what should i enter in these fields?
just copy & paste and write the description beside it.

I’ve already done that, but you’ve added entries that I didn’t tell you to.
I assume that the External Source IP Address field is to allow you to limit the range of public IP addresses that are able to access the service, and you don’t want to do this as you have no way of knowing what IP address range your mobile ISP will be using, or what address will be used if you log in to a WiFi hotspot.
So, if I’m correct about the purpose of these fields then you should leave them blank.

Pete.

still dont have any luck to connect y blynk over internet sir.

Maybe you should explain what steps you’ve taken with your router setup, whether you have a static or dynamic public IP address, if dynamic then what DDNS setup and updater you have, and what custom server settings you are using in your app.

Pete.

i am getting this error.
i am using my rpi static ip address. i do not have a dns. pls help me rectify the error @PeteKnight.

Apologies, that was a typo on my part. My instructions (which I’ve now amended) should have said…

Protocol: TCP/UDP
External Port: 9443 - 9443
Internal Port: 9443 - 9443

Pete.

no issues sir. by the way is there anything i will hve to change here ?

i still don’t have luck getting connected to blynk through internet . @PeteKnight

Doing the router port forwarding is only part of the process. I’ve asked you several times about the rest of the things, but you’ve not answered…

Pete.

no sir i have not installed anything with DDNS and updater. i do not have any custom server setting in my app. @PeteKnight
what else do you mean by custom settings with my server.

Okay…

Question 1 - are you paying your ISP to provide you with a static public IP address?

Question 2 - to connect your app to your local server via your local network, you MUST have entered a custom server IP address and port at the login screen of your app. What values have you entered into this custom server screen on the app?

Pete.