Hardware synchronize with Blynk + IR-remote

Hi Blynkers :v:
I need some help to realize my current project. In fact it´s pretty simple. There is a lamp (230V) and a switch. When it´s on, a relay switches and I get a signal on D1 from my Wemos D1 mini, so usually I know it´s current status.
This status should be shown in Blynk app. With an other relais, which get controlled over the Blynk App I want realize a second switch position.
Now I want know how to synchronize the current switch status with Blynk. Later I also want make a third switch position using a IR-receiver which is also connected on the Wemos. Until now I am able to get the different values from the IR-transmitter when I press the keys.

Thanks in the meantime
Keep on blynking :smiley:

Hi,

So what you need help with? Have you tried and it’s not working? What have you tried?

3 Likes

I would like to know how I synchronize an incomming signal on e.g. D1 with Blynk, so that I can handle with Blynk. For example: I get an HIGH Signal on D1, that in Blynk APP should turn on a Widget LED and a physical LED. If I press a button in Blynk App I want be able to switch off again the LEDs. The Widget LED which is only the status LED should again change his status.ö
Finally I would rearch a toogle. If you look at the wiring above (and you can understand it :grin:) you see that I should be able to switch the lamp from two switch positions. One switch is a normal toggle switch and the second “switch” is in fact a toggle relay which get controlled by the Wemos D1 mini (Blynk).

if ((digitalRead D1) == HIGH) {
digitalWrite (LedPin + WidgetLED, HIGH); }
else {
digitalWrite (LedPin + WidgetLED, LOW); }

Something like this :point_up_2: :roll_eyes:

I guess you could try reading the Documentation… And use virtual pins for better control

http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-virtual-pins-control-blynkvirtualwritevpin-value

Thus something like this :point_down: :wink:

if (digitalRead(D1) == HIGH) {  // PS best to use Arduino pin numbering and NOT the silk screened label as it will work across all ESP8266 boards.
Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, 1);  // Set the vPin to the one on your widget you want to control
} else {
Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, 0);  // Set the vPin to the one on your widget you want to control
}

Or even simpler…

Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, digitalRead(5));  // Read Digital pin and send same state to Widget with corresponding vPin

And preferred pin numbering…

Searching this forum is also highly recommended… Here is a long topic about wiring, feedback and Blynk control.

Use Virtual Pins and control all your GPIO via Blynk functions to make the App and Physical synchronization easier.

// using interrupts or timer polling to scan for externally activated switch/sensor
Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, digitalRead(5));  // Read Digital pin and send same state to Widget with corresponding vPin
Blynk.syncVirtual(vPin)  // follow up by acting as if you pressed the Button Widget to process the corresponding Blynk Function
BLYNK_WRITE(V0) {  // Runs whenever the corresponding widget changes state 
  int value = param.asInt(); // Get value as integer
  if (value == 1) {
  // do whatever to turn on your thing
  } else {
  // Do whatever to turn off your thing
  }
}

Thank you in the meantime
I will try it later :wink:
You will hear from me if it doesn´t works :joy::joy:

I am still trying to find a simple method to toogle :thinking:
The output depend from input. If for example I get on input a LOW-Signal I want be able to output a HIGH Signal on OUTPUT, if input signal is HIGH, the output pin should output a LOW signal. Naturally the output should not change his change automatically. Only if I push/switch a push/button in Blynk-App or I get a IR-signal from my IR-transmitter. By getting the value 0xFF30CF output sould change state to HIGH and by the value 0xFF18E7 should change state to LOW. (The App-Button only toggles while the IR-transmitter send HIGH or LOW by pressing two different pushes).
To get the values from IR-transmitter isn´t any problem, also reading the current state on input works.
I only needed help to set the ouput-states. :exploding_head:

E.G. Reads the pin state on pin X and sends the opposite to pin Y

digitalWrite(Y, !digitalRead(X));

It certainly doesn’t get simpler than this.