{"error":{"message":"External update requests limit reached for this device."}}

Hello,
Since April 30 I’m receiving this error:
{“error”:{“message”:“External update requests limit reached for this device.”}}
when I’m trying to update data via http request.
Please help me, which limit I reached?
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Ales

Which type of Blynk subscription do you have, and how frequently are you sending HTTP updates?

Pete.

Hello. We recently added a limit of update HTTP API. The current limit is 100k update requests per device per day. In order to fix the issue, you need to send less frequent update requests.

2 Likes

Hello Dmitriy,
thank you very much for your reply. Is it possible to fix the issue using “Multiple Datastreams Update”?
https://docs.blynk.io/en/blynk.cloud/update-multiple-datastreams-api
Thank you,
Ales

@AlBi do you mean update the doc about the limit or something else?

I think he’s updating multiple datastreams with individual API calls and this adds-up to more than 100k per day.
And he wants to know if he uses the batch update API to update multiple datastreams at the same time with one API call does this count as a single API call or multiple ones.

Pete.

At the moment only single pin update API is limited. However, we’ll add limits over other APIs as well over time. Also, I’ll provide the doc soon regarding limits. We’ll see the feedback and probably we’ll change the limits to fit the needs of most of the users, so it is not final.

Good to know @Dmitriy . This limit hit me. I have had to adapt 10 different devices to accommodate.
This change was worth an email to your user base.

Keep it going. I’m (still) a fan.

Hello,
I’v extremely decreased updates via HTTP requests, but still getting this error! When the issue will fixed?
Ales

Yes, agree. We’ll have to improve that and put in our announcements.

The limit is reset every 24 hours. Since the first time API was called.

More than 24 hrs. Nothing happens. I’m still getting this error! What can I do? Stop rest of HTTP request?

Yes of course. If the Blynk server was complaining because you’d made too many HTTP requests in a 24 hour period then you need to stop making any HTTP requests, wait 24 hours, then start making requests at a lower rate so you don’t exceed the limit again.

Pete.

Great! It is very friendly… Oh