Dumping iOS

I have finally decided to dump iOS for good. Too many delays in updates and issues with widgets not working correctly Anyway, back in Dec '16 @Eugene told me not to use both Android and iOS on the same project for now. So, my question is, what will happen to all of my projects if I switch to exclusive use of Android? All of my projects had been running on iOS.

Thanks

Continuing the discussion from Virtual Pins with v2.5.10 update:

Nothing. All should work.

1 Like

Would be interesetd to know why you where told by @Eugene not combine same project on ios and android ??? reason I ask is I am having an issue with sliders when doing this ?

Cheers

Kev

Most likely because android has features ios does not have. Using those features in a project will work fine on an android but not on an iphone. Will cause issues. What type? I don’t know. Maybe Note 7 battery bomb.

ah ok no worries - I use the same widgets on android that ios app has. So guess this is not the cause of my issue then

Cheers

Kev

@Fettkeewl correct. in general it should work, however we can’t test all corner cases. So we just don’t recommend use both at same time. But in case you are using same features all should be fine.

Hi @Dmitriy, so if this rules my issue with the slider in android have you any more ideas on this yet ?

Cheers

kev

Already fixed. Release will be today

ah cool man so it was a bug just on the android side I assume ?

How do I install a bug fix or is it just an app updates from the app store ?

Cheers

Kev

@newdos Check out the link I provided and let me know if you have further questions. I also am having problems with Virtual pin assignments not working when attached to Button widgets. If I change them to the physical pin assignment and back to the virtual then they work. Every time I reset the board, I have to do this. That is just my latest problem.

Yes, just update App. Sliders now working properly for me.

FAB!!!

Cheers

@Gunner and @Dmitriy

Hi Guys,

Hate to say this but after update my android slider still returns to zero - ios one works fine - have I missed something here

@Dmitriy @Gunner

Cheers

kev

Any ideas guys ? @Dmitriy @Gunner

Cheers

Kev

Mine still works… err, sorry? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I forgot to ask before, when your sliders jump to 0, do they still display the correct value with the number at the top or top right, or does that also drop to 0?

Haha!!! cheers gunner!!! the number jumps to zero as well but only on android - IOS is still fine. When I then move the IOS slider the android one follows to what I set it to on IOS, but after a few secs jumps back to zero - very odd. I should say this is a standard horizontal slider.

Cheers

kev

OK, I then think there may be something different with your issue than was with mine. @BlynkAndroidDev might be able to assist as it is apparently limited to the Android App… but the fact that the number also drops to 0 makes me suspicious of a code issue, perhaps combined with differences in how the IOS and Android Apps process the incoming data?? Just a guess (as is most of my life :stuck_out_tongue: )

That’s normally the case.

codes above gunner and how do you explain that the ios slider doesn’t budge ???

The exception is that it doesn’t do that on his IOS App (same project). I don’t use IOS so can’t even begin to troubleshoot much further.

EDIT - Just realised we inadvertently hijacked another thread… sorry @mpo881

Back over to [Solved] Slider widget glitch/lag - #58 by newdos whitch is also hijacked in a sense as it was an older threaad… that’s it, I am putting myself on notice :stuck_out_tongue: