(Display Widget's output of DHT22 data ) Stops working after a few days

PS I did hook the dead one up to an external power supply just in case, but that didn’t help either.

The (tidied up) code has been running OK for 18 hours so far on the Wemos D1. I’ll report further in a few days, or if it locks up…

Bugs in ESP8266 Arduino core, would you believe that ESP8266 Arduino Core Bug - hostname and DHT22 etc ?

Maybe we should all ask Arduino for our money back :wink:

My BME sensors arrived yesterday so I’ve set-up a couple of NodeMCU 1.0’s running @ralphrmartin’s original BME code (not the tidied-up version as I didn’t want any ambiguity about the changes).
One is in the spare room and the other on the loft and they’ve been running since 20:15 yesterday. I’ll keep an eye on them over the next week or so and see if they continue working okay.

Pete.

Nice one @PeteKnight

My clone of the project has been running for 3 days without any problems. Not even a reset from the ESP which you can expect with a sub $5 product.

Mine has also been running for over 2.5 days now without issue. However, before it was failing repeatably after about 4.5 days.

Reading that bug report you pointed to, this seems to be hitting the nail on the head:
“Proposal 2 does fix the dhcp hostname issue, and the DHT22 seems to be happy, too. I’m betting something was referencing the non-initialized hostname and clobbering stuff. I’ll close this issue once the fix is merged into master, or you can, whenever.”

Anyway, thanks everyone for the community support, which I do appreciate.

@ralphrmartin we are just trying to wind you up.

I think we all welcome bug reports as it makes the system better for everyone but there’s a right way and your way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And there is a right way to respond too. Moving my topic from “Bugs and Issues” to “I need help with my sketch” is rather insulting, if you ask me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

are you now convinced I am wound up enough?! :rofl:

That’s standard practise until something is shown to be a problem as it takes developers away from developing the project.

In your case there was never an indication that there was a problem with Blynk.

And no-one gave me any indication there was anything wrong with my project either… :rofl:

Check the thread again.

1 Like

That came AFTER my project was moved, and as we have seen, was a red herring…

By the way, if you want a REAL, definite bug in blynk, rather than the ESP libraries - when I open my project in my (android) phone, the superchart normally just sits there showing “loading”, more or less indefinitely, yet if I switch to a different time period and back again immediately, the chart shows up straight away. There’s clearly a logic error somewhere there…

ALL posts to that category are moved if there is no clear indication of a bug i.e. yours.

We pointed out the bug in your sketch as a possible cause of your problem.

This is not the correct thread for such a post.

I’m not going to argue with you but I will ignore your posts in future.

And I shan’t report further bugs, as they are clearly not taken seriously.

Still can’t confirm your “bug alerts”…

20180217_142546

We call call this topic done then.

But if you do come across any actual issue, unrelated to bad code or environment, please do what we require of Every Single Other User claiming a bug… and show your work.

1 Like

This topic has now been Gunnered :gun:, hence the PM. I’ve now been running these two test rigs for over a week without any problems:

As a result I’m going to kill one of the devices and recycle the energy so that I can use it for other things.
I’ll probably leave the one that’s in the loft running for a while longer, depending on what I need the energy and NodeMCU for.

Has anyone else had any issues since switching to the BME sensor?

Pete.

:rofl: Nice workaround!

I only closed it as it was just a re-occurring reference to non-existing bug, or at least un-substantiated.

One issue that I have noticed in the past and just ran into again, that comes close to this OPs description of the ‘bug’ is that a single reoccurring timer sometimes can build up in background instances until reaching the limit of 16 per named timer. At which ‘time’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: the timer just stops working… only it, no other timers (if separately declared) or Blynk processes are blocked.

Timer count tested with this command: timer.getNumTimers();

This is usually only due to poor coding when dealing with looping timer calls… so, not a bug :stuck_out_tongue: just a heads up.

A post was split to a new topic: How could you divide the graphs by height?