Buying a new device for $5

i am leaving to firedb and mit now :wave:

Many have left, leaving and about to leave. Blynk should really start to see this and bring something new, so that this community will stay huge n continue to grow.

Me I think should maintained Blynk legacy and charge for it

They just have to add some few things from Blynk 2.0 that’s all

Sounds really good. It was very stable too. Few features like OTA n wifi provisioning would have made it much better.

1 Like

Yes my brother if they are changing things like these then I don’t see any future with Blynk

1 Like

firedb libraries are so simpler than many other cloud iot and also mit app inventor platform is as simple as scratch

Having two parallel development/maintenance streams would be a very bad idea for a company like Bl6nk.

Pete.

Because it’s not developed for the last 3 years. If we stop developing Blynk 2.0 it would be super stable too. The thing is - we add every week something new, this is super fast. Of course, we have to sacrifice some things in order to move that fast.

Sorry, not gonna happen. Blynk 2.0 proved effectiveness in revenue generation against blynk 1.0. So Blynk 2.0 is the way to go for us.

you think thats effective for a company

but the real value of the company is based on its customers. as madhukesh said

i don’t think removal of 1 time device purchase is good

That’s not true. And we have the real numbers. We see the constant growth in active users.

@Dmitriy i am really amazed to see the new platform being developed, NO SECOND THOUGHTS ON THAT. Blynk team is really doing a great job in this portion.

I know this is not gonna happen, just dreaming :sweat_smile:

May be they have not deleted or deactivated their accounts :face_with_monocle:? Just left as it is?!
Yes there may be new users coming in, but there are significant people leaving the platform too.

I know this does not make any difference to the company as we seem or bring peanuts in terms of revenue. And Blynk is now totally focused towards commercial customers. So we and our requests are no longer important to Blynk :smiling_face_with_tear:.

The free plan already had no room for movement and now there is no option to even add devices. This is so bad in makers/hobbyists POV.

My feel is : we are being cornered and forced to buy subscriptions.

Please bring back the option of adding devices under free and plus plans. This will definitely attract millions of new users. Please let things to settle down. If you start to make rapid changes, one cannot make a firm decision on whether to stay or leave. It create confusion for sure.

Concentrate on developing the platform, let it mature, provide all the necessary documentations, examples, tutorials, yet to come features.

There seems a lots n lots of important|improvements that are yet to be carried out. Despite having many backlog, Blynk is already in a urge to make money from an immature platform(under development phase)…

If we provide better platform, people will be definitely gain trust.

How do you justify that statement?

This contradicts much of what you’ve said previously!
When will we have dark theme? When will we have Bridge? When will we have a way of showing data from multiple devices on the same screen? When will we have more widgets in the web console? When will we have more automation options? When will we have the ability to def8 e/edit datastreams in the app? Etc etc etc…

A roadmap of new features and their implementation timelines would be nice, but I don’t think any of us want to see a slow-down of the introduction of new features.

Pete.

1 Like

Despite having so much to work on !! They are very keen on changing subscriptions features !! This is so sad :confused::frowning:

No, we still listen to the suggestions and proposals and are ready to implement them when we have time. The main difference between Blynk 1.0 and Blynk 2.0 is that on Blynk 1.0 our only focus was the Blynk app itself, as we hadn’t had any business customers for a long time. Now the situation is different.

Also, not true. Huge companies with devices that cost thousands of dollars using Blynk for years. Saying blynk is not mature is very wrong. Constantly adding a new feature != immature. It’s opposite - Blynk is used by so many different clients so we need more more new features to cover all their needs.

Because sub. is a new feature for Blynk Platform as well. And we don’t know what will work and what won’t, so we have to experiment.

1 Like

Anyways please dont let makers/hobbyists down !! Its a kind request. Please bring back the device adding capability back.

@pavel or other at Blynk.

I am also not 100% convinced Blynk 2.0/IoT is the right solution for me.
You are saying “You can still use Blynk Legacy”, etc.
But question is - for how long?

Yes, my Blynk Legacy still runs. But for how long? Will it stay forever, or when is it to be shut down? Should, and can I, keep buying energy?

I beleive you have to be more clear on the Legacy progress/future.

For me, I have 13 devices (planning for more) and lots of widgets.

To be able to switch over to Blynk IoT I would need to pay for PRO which is 41 usd/month. And I would still not be able to have more than 1 device per page/project to display with graphs etc.
For me, this is a big downgrade and not something I would be willing to pay 41 usd/month for.

Question is: will blynk Legacy still be available and possible to buy new energy at, or is the Blynk offer to pay 41 usd/month and get less?

For me important. And I guess for many other “home automation builders/makers” as well.

Edit.
I can understand your business is more for companies and white labels. But if you wish to provide to the hobbyist/maker/home-automation-builder community, I think you must offer a price plan which offers “possibility to create a private home automation system” for 4.99 usd/month. Maybe, upto 8.99 or 9.99 if really good (but you are not there yet, I can further describe later or in other thread).

What is needed for a home automation system?
I would say 40 devices. Better restrict data amount to max 1 reading / minute per device, for example.

I would pay 4.99 / month with existing functionality if 40 devices were allowed. I could pay 9.99 for a blynk which is improved (I can detail elsewhere).

I am not sure if this is interesting to Blynk. But this is my will to pay/subscribe.

4 Likes

I have been on the fence to continue using Blynk after working with the new version. There are many bugs in it at this time mostly requiring refreshing the web page when building templates and devices and one serious with wifi connectivity. I would have more than the 10 devices easily down the road if available but I just haven’t used the 10 yet as I suspect many others haven’t.

Could you please name a few? All known issues are fixed.

Why would you think this is a Blynk bug?

terminal has not been repaired

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature that is not yet implemented.