Bridge: Syntax for 3 Way Bridge

A post was split to a new topic: Bridge alternative for when 2nd NodeMCU is out of WiFI range

Thanks @psoro for providing the example sketches and test UI. I have just put this together using the Blynk cloud server, latest library ( [v0.6.1]) and iOS app (2.26.3). While the app starts and all 3 devices connect, nothing appears to change when sliders are moved. Have you tested Bridge function or this example on a later version of Blynk? Thanks!

Dear @drewc228,
This code was done 3 years ago
 SimpleTimer has been included into Blynk Library but the code should work with minor adjustments like the tokens, the lines pointing at Blynk Server rather than Local Server, things like that

This example was done to help @Costas, unfortunately I have no time now to enjoy with Blynk and do the tests for you, I’m sorry

Let us know the result of your tests, it can help other Blynkers

Regards,

1 Like

José is back !

1 Like

Nothing would make me happier Alexis!! :wink:
I’ve got lots of new projects in my mind to play with Blynk

Best regards!!

1 Like

I’m playing with nextion display and Blynk.
My new project is a smart thermostat, with forecast weather , this smart thermostat will drive my fuel boiler😂

1 Like

Thanks @psoro. I have updated the code you provided and modified to point to Blynk Server and appropriate tokens, etc. Still no obvious exchange of data between the devices via Bridge function. I have in mind using Bridge to share location data across my Blynk-powered mobile air quality monitors (https://www.instructables.com/id/Lets-Make-the-BackpAQ-Personal-Air-Quality-Monitor/) using Blynk Map widgets on each smartphone. Appreciate hearing from anyone who is using Bridge in this kind of use case. Thanks!

@drewc228

Start a new topic, and provide specific details to your problem. Include a copy of the code you have tried (properly formatted that is), along with detail such as hardware, wiring etc
 You might get a little more help this way.

I think the map widget has the ability to be passed an index parameter to allow multiple devices to be plotted on the map. Not sure if this would help your particular project, as you’ve not provided much info.

Pete.

Hi Pete, yes, I use index to handle multiple devices. But my question was about how to efficiently provide location data from these multiple devices to the map widget. Here’s a much more complex example of what I want to do on Blynk: PurpleAir Map . Using a shared token will get the data there, but will mess up my other controls, displays and widgets. I am looking for a way to only update map but noting else. Thought bridge might be the ticket but having trouble getting it to work with latest Blynk server, iOS app.

The link you provided doesn’t really tell me any more about what you’re trying to achieve in Blynk, but as @Toro_Blanco suggested you should start a new topic and describe exactly what it is that you’re trying to achieve, and maybe not focus on Bridge as the solution to your issue (although Bridge may be a part of the answer).

Pete.

Pete, ok will do. Thanks as always for your insight.