BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Blynk wont connect to local Server

Hello,

my NodeMCU (ESP8266) can’t connect to the local Blynk server.
I used a Raspberry PI before, but now I moved the server to an real server.
The app connection seams to be fine. I am using the latest version of the Blynk app on Android.
I installed the Blynk library using the board manager url.

This is my Code (I removed private informations.)

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
char auth[] = "";
char ssid[] = "";
char pass[] = "";

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, IPAddress(192,168,178,6), 8443);
}

void loop() {
  Blynk.run();
}

And this is the Serial output:

[45] Connecting to SSID
[2548] Connected to WiFi
[2548] IP: 192.168.178.106
[2548] 
    ___            
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.5.2 on NodeMCU

[2627] Connecting to 192.168.178.6
[247941] Connecting to 192.168.178.6

Hope that we can solve the problem…

Try port 8080 in the code.

Yes, yes we can…by reading the Announcement topics and searching the forum before posting questions… Local Server has required port 8080 for months now.:stuck_out_tongue:

PS, and since when did 8443 ever get used in a sketch anyhow? That was the old port for in the App… now replaced by 9443 for Local server (I think just 443 will work on Cloud)

The better way for to do that all people read a post is to title it as: “Don’t read this!!”

Too much publicity has made us insensitive to notices. I think the only one manual that almost all men will read is the washer manual… and only after no more underwear clean XD

Thank you :wink: Working now. I haven’t used Blynk for a long time… I found this code in the examples so I thought that the port would be correct…

Blynk is in constant development… so unfortunately documentation and examples take time and effort to catch up :frowning: But that is also why it is important to keep up with the Announcement topics and Forum search.

Glad it is working again for you!