Blynk rtc hangs up

I have a project with Blynk that has been running non stop for about 6 months. This morning I made some small logic changes to the Arduino code and now it hangs up completely in rtc.begin.I upgraded all the ;ibraries but to no avail. I turned on Blynk_DEBUG.

The cod section is:

BlynkTimer timer;
WidgetRTC rtc;
BLYNK_CONNECTED(){
  rtc.begin();
  Serial.println("Status\t Blynk rtc started");  // this is the last communication I get.
}

Starting Blynk

[2950] Getting IP...
[5159] IP:192.168.1.7
[5159] 
    ___  __          __
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.5.4 on Arduino Mega

[5277] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:80
[5623] Ready (ping: 99ms).
Status	 Blynk rtc started

And after this just nothing. No communications with the computer and the Arduino Mega is not running at all.

Well this shows that the Mega connected successfully to the server… but we don’t have enough of the rest of your code to even guess what changes you made that might be affecting further action.

BTW, I properly formatted your post (as required in the Community User Policy) to allow better viewability of the code and Serial output.

I set a new Mega up on my workbench and installed the software in it. It works fine. I replaced the Mega in the project with the new one and it works just fine. The old Mega also does not work on my workbench. I only replaced the Mega not the network shield. What hardware does Blynk use on the Mega that makes it not work?

Maybe the question should be “What has broken on my old Mega that means it no longer works with my Ethernet shield”.

Pete.

1 Like

That is the question. It broke and then hangs up during startup. I will try and see if the Mega works without the rtc widget. I can test that on the workbench when I have the time sometime this week. I suspect it will not work.