Blynk on Synology Diskstation

I also have the DS412+ …

use my docker instructions 2 posts up: Blynk on Synology Diskstation

1 Like

Hi Jamin
I have been busy for the last couple of days, so i will give it at try in the near future. I will defiantly have a look at your post when doing the install. Actual it was that post that inspired me to have a go at it. I will let you all know how it vent…

1 Like

Hi Jamin

Do you know what linux distribution pinya was using, when he created this “pinya/blynk docker build”.
I am a little concerned about the security on my NAS, running this image, I personally don’t know anything about pinya except that he name is Sergei Silnov. What are your experience with the local blynk server running on your Synology.

Regards Lasse

No idea about security.
I have not experienced any issues so far however. And it is the only Docker build that uses the “latest” link… the others are all hardcoded to old versions.
I got it working because I have a Diskstation running on the same network as my IoT hardware… so it made sense.
Im also only slightly better than a noob at SSH and linux so this was the best option for me.

Maybe this is something you could fix for us? Do you know how to create a Docker image?

The devs are working on a Package Center submission but I understand they are still waiting for a reply.
Docker might the best alternative option, and would be great if someone in the community maintained it.

that [quote=“Jamin, post:17, topic:3879”]
pinya/blynk
[/quote]

is only for 16.2 server?

Blynk is up to 17.0 version? can we run 17.0 on the Synology? i have DS214j

Yes. You can. And you should :slight_smile:

I’ve just created my own Docker image … search for the new container “jaminNZx/blynk”
It is running server v17.0

I’ll also maintain it from now on too.

2 Likes

@Jamin thanks! We got connected with Synology, but things moving slowly there.

1 Like

i am currently doing Blynk Local on Raspberry Pi Zero, but is there a reason why i should use my NAS instead? i am just going to try it out either way…

it is is very steep learning curve, all this Linux stuff!

@Dave1829 is your Pi accessible from the internet i.e. have you done the port forwarding stuff?

this can be done using to methods , Normal Router port forwarding or using DynDNS or similar client on Pi or from the router it self

yes.

@psoro taught me how…

1 Like

From my point of view NAS is more reliable, but I may be wrong.

@Dmitriy, any updates on this?

No. Seems like procedure is time consuming. So we’ll skip it.

@Jamin, Hi, I have a Synology ds412 +, I did everything according to the instructions. Unfortunately I do not open page 7443. I tried in various ways, https, 9443 / admin etc and nothing. The container I even started with the default settings. It works, but does not connect to it. I have no idea what blocks it.

@krzyspx - Czesc, posiadam Synology ds412+, zrobiłem wszystko zgodnie z instrukcją. Niestety nie otwiera się strona 7443. Próbowałem na różne sposoby, https, 9443 /admin itd.i nic. Kontener uruchomiłem nawet na domyślnych ustawieniach. Działa, ale nie idzie się z nim połączyć. Nie mam pojęcia co go blokuje.

Screenshot your port settings.

Hi,

So DSxxxj and Blynk server run on Linux, why cannot this be followed? and having Blynk server running on background.

@Emilio This Topic started two years ago… things have changed, ports have changed, updates happen, server now runs on newer Java and, depending on changes, it (newer Java version) may or may not be supported yet on Synology, etc.

Please start a NEW topic with clarity and details of what you are trying to do, the hardware versions, server version used, show us what is any errors, issues, etc. you have encountered…

Thank you.