Blynk + NodeMcu + Alexa device - Smart Home (need conect to Alexa)

But according to your photos, you are only using 7 pins now rather than the “at least 11” that you say you need.

So what you are saying about existing functionality doesn’t align with what you’ve said about the number of pins currently being used, and the use of virtual pins in your app/sketch compared to the code you’ve posted.

Also, you appear to be powering your relay board from the 3v pin on your NodeMCU, which isn’t going to work long term.

I’d also be extremely concerned about the gauge of wire that you’ve used to wire the ‘hot’ side of the relays, and the ‘daisy chain’ method that you’ve used for this. Bear in mind that the first piece of wire in this daisy chain carries the combined current of all the circuits that are chained off of this.

I think I’m going to take a step back from this topic, as you don’t seem particularly interested in heeding the advice I’ve offered so far regarding NodeMCU pins, and I have serious doubts about your mains wiring competency and I don’t want to be associated with what may happen as a result.

Pete.

Continuing the discussion from Blynk + NodeMcu + Alexa device - Smart Home (need conect to Alexa):

!!! SOLVED !!!

I made conection between Alexa and Blynk via Node-Red applcation and it’s wornking perfectly
The commands sent from Alexa to Blynk are being executed by NodeMCU as planned.

I’m posting a print of Node-Red flows, just in case insteresting for anyone.

Thank you for all

If anyone is interested in using Node-Red with Blynk and Alexa then my advice would be not to adopt @cesarskt’s approach of using the HTTP request node to communicate with Blynk, but instead to use the Blynk ws contrib for Node-Red, to give properties two-way interaction between Blynk and Node-Red.

I’d also suggest not running Blynk code on the device(s) that you’re controlling, but to use MQTT for communication between the devices Node-Red, and use Node-Red as the bridge between Blynk and Node-Red.

It’s worth noting that there is currently no Node-Red support for the new Blynk.360 system.

Pete.

Qué tal Cesar, quiero conectar Blynk a Alexa pero no e podido, ¿tienes alguien tutorial o video cómo puedo realizar?

Hey @Adan would you like to use IFTTT ?

The solution discussed here uses Node-Red.
The first thing to do is set-up a Node-Red server on your network and install the Blynk plug-in (contrib) for whatever version of Blynk you are using.
I’d also recommend setting-up the Mosquitto MQTT broker on the same server, and removing all Blynk code from your devices and using MQTT messages to control those devices.
Once you have that set-up and working then you can add-in the Alexa functionality.

I’ve recently migrated to the node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home plug-in which is much easier to use and (so far) is much more reliable than the node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill that I was using before.
This plug-in also allows a much wider range of device types to be used.

Pete.

Estoy usando IFTTT para poder controlar Blynk con Alexa y así poder hacer uso de los pines GPIO del nodemcu, pero hasta el memento no lo e logrado, por eso necesito de ayuda

Qué tal Peter, tienes el código completo para el Arduino IDE que puedas compartir

O ¿algún video tutorial del que me pueda apoyar ? Sería de mucha ayuda.

Saludos

@Adan as your question isn’t really related to the topic that you’ve posted in, I would suggest that you start another “need help with my project” topic and provide ALL of the information that is requested when you create that topic. You should also provide information about how you’ve set-up IFTTT and how you’ve configured your Alexa account settings.

If you are using Blynk IoT then you should provide information about the way you’ve configured the datastreams you are using.

Pete.

Are you asking about code and support for MQTT communication between devices, setting-up a Node-Red server or something else?

One-line random questions don’t help us to help you.

But, as I said earlier, if you are wanting support for Alexa + IFTTT then you should start a new topic.

Pete.

Olá que tal Adam.

I don’t speak spanish very well. But may we can undestand each other.

Yes guy. I did my SmartHome using Blynk app + Nodemcu, controlled by Alexa device.

It’s working about 1 year without any problem!

In the beginning of this topic, you’ll find how I connected boards to the Energy Frame.

I don’t use Node-red Local server. I’ve using it from a IBM Cloud service. In this way, Is no nedded keep your hipotetical server on, all the time.

After create an instance of Node-red in IBM cloud, you just need install a node for Alexa virtual device and link with your Blynk virtual pin.

I guess it’s better to use the blynk plugin instead of the http request.

Hello @John93
How are you.

May you clarify us Why Blynk Plugin is better?
Last year I ask a help here and didn’t have any any support. This way that I described, was the only one that I got success.

Some people here set focus in the structure of topic or question, but never solve anything

Hello @cesarskt I’m great thanks for asking.
I’m still a beginner in node-red, @PeteKnight can you explain this please ?

Really?
I suggested Node-Red and MQTT as a solution for you, but you didn’t ask for any assistance in that area. I’ve created a topic on this forum specifically about how to use Node-Red and MQTT with Blynk for home automation and would have gladly pointed you to the Alexa example there if you’d have indicated that is the direction you wanted to go.

The Blynk contrib is better than HTTP(S) because it responds instantly to writes from the Blynk server without the need to poll the server via an HTTP(S) query. That provides much more flexibility when building projects.
I’d also strongly recommend that you don’t run any Blynk code on your devices, and just use MQTT communication between your devices and the Node-Red server.

The advantage of a local Node-Red server, combined with using MQTT communications, is that the system still works locally if you lose internet communication or if the cloud services provided by IBM or Blynk go down.

Pete.

1 Like

I said in general dear. Please don’t argue me rs
In this Forum, we can see much good topics, but a lot of people don’t wanna share knowlegde.

Regard you suggestion, I tried follow it but had no success in my testes. Then I keep that form I told here.
I’ll check this your topic and see if I undestand it

By the way. Thanks for support

I don’t understand this comment at all, would you care to elaborate?

Pete.

Gracias Cesar, pero no tendrás algún video tutorial de cómo hacerlo ya que soy nuevo en node-red, me serviría de mucho

Part 3 of this series covers Alexa integration in Node-Red, but as I said earlie I’m now using the node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home plug-in…

Pete.