Blynk Micropython not working with XIAO ESP32C3

hello, I am using Blynk with an XIAO ESP32C3 board, and I have not been able to get the latest version of Blynk, blynk working with my board. I have gotten an older version to work just fine though. is this a know issue, or is this just me? thank you for any help!

Are you using version 1.0.0 of the Blynk library?

Pete.

that is the version that works perfectly for me, but I need to be able to send some type of notification, or email, so I wanted to use the new version but it didn’t work. there were no errors with it, it simply didn’t say the device was online in the Blynk app.

1.0.0 is the newest version.

It does seem to contain the log event code…

MSG_EVENT_LOG = const(64)

in BlynkLib.py, so I assume that it’s capable of logging an event, which is how Notificatiins and emails are sent in Blynk IoT.

Pete.

do you recommend any resources of how to notify in the app, i am very new to all of this!

I’m a C++ user I’m afraid.

Pete.

would there be a way to get the older version working?

No, not with Blynk IoT.

Pete.

so if i understand this right, the new one doesn’t support notificaitons?

As I said, it appears that the code to allow events to be logged (which is how notifications and emails are now triggered) appears to have been added to BlynkLib.py but I don’t know enough about uPython to know how to use this in a sketch.

Blynk IoT doesn’t support the legacy method of triggering notifications and emails, which is which is one of the reasons why you need to use version 1.0.0 of the library.

Maybe if you read this, you’ll understand more about how notifications work in Blynk IoT…

Pete.

so i have to use the subscription to notify?

I don’t understand the question.

Pete.

to use notifications and emails from the code, i have to have to Blynk subscription?

It works with the free account.

Pete.

so i might be able to trigger notifications from the app, right?

If you mean notifications in the app then yes, i’m assuming so.

Pete.

so I have been working on it, and was able to make it send a notification in C++! I think for this project I will use C++, and anyway I have wanted to get better at it. thank you for all your help!

I had one last question, is there any way to delete the notifications in the Blynk app? do they just disappear after a certain amount of time?

by the way, your a great photographer!

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the question.
I’m an iOS user, and when you receive a notification and tap on it you get two options - “OK”, and “Show Device”. Either option will clear the notification.

Are you talking about clearing the event data from the timeline?

Pete.