Blynk Local server + IFTTT

Doesn’t matter we are not using that line.

So just for completeness shall I remove my line altogether because it did not work before

I have very untidy crontabs because I never remove anything, just prefix with #
I can give you 8 minutes max and then I’m asleep.

I know it is just a typo, but all this potty talk has me rolling on the floor :rofl:

1 Like

@Gunner which of the 4 or 5 methods do you use for server start on reboot?

I wish more people tried systemd instead of rc.local and crontab!

2 Likes

@distans crontab is defacto and never let me down (once I have the correct bash script).

Have patience… it is all part of the potty :toilet: training :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay I have followed your instructions shall I now do sudo reboot

Haaaaaa I’m amazed that anybody has got a sense of humour at this ghastly time in the morning

@jasperdog yes.
@distans where it sates rc.local is more or less obsolete I take it that means it still actually works?

@jasperdog hope your pi reboots in the next 90 seconds.

in progress

Whilst I have still got time just to say thank you so very much for dedicating your time and effort in sorting this out for me I will let you go now and get some well-deserved sleep and hopefully speak to you tomorrow because I will now try to deploy the same tactics on my old Blynk server to see if it works once again many thanks good night

1 Like

Night guys we can look at Google Assistant tomorrow now the WAN API calls are working.

1 Like

Unfortunately the raspberry pie has booted up but the Blynk server has not started

Update…yessssssss it has started

1 Like

Sorry about the typos I will go back through and rectify just to make it look better for anybody else that will find this most useful

Good old crontab. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As long as the process doesn’t die unexpectedly that is. If it does, you either have to manually restart it or reboot.

It works, but it’s actually runs as a systemd service :wink:

Since Debian 8 and Ubuntu 15.04 systemd is the default init system, and on later versions the service isn’t enabled by default (itself a reason why people can’t get rc.local to do anything on startup).