Blynk.h: No such file or directory

I have installed the Blynk library with the Arduino-IDE library-manager
I try to compile it for a ESP8266 board.

The compiler gives an error
#include <blynk.h>

compilation terminated.
exit status 1
blynk.h: No such file or directory

If i look up the library-manager the library-manager says installed

If i search for Blynk.h I find it in the following folder
C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src\Blynk.h

If I look up other header-files they are in the exact same subfolder and they all work

C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ControlledServo\src\ControlledServo.h
C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\PString-Arduino-lib\PString.h
C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire\OneWire.h

Maybe dis-sintalling the Blynk.h does help but the library-manager itself offers no dis-install-function

So what do I have to do do make it work? So far for me your promise “get started in five minutes” is not true

best regards Stefan

First of all, the ESP8266 doesn’t need the Blynk.h file to be specifically included in your sketch (it is needed, but it’s referenced by the other library files that you include).
The #include declarations for an ESP8266 would normally be:

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>

Secondly, blynk.h and Blynk.h are different as far as the compiler are concerned, because file names are case sensitive. As you’ve discovered, the file on your PC is called Blynk.h

Thirdly, and this may not be an issue, but the type of board selected in the compiler has an issue on the paths used when looking for files. So if you see this type of error again then it’s worth checking that you have the correct board type selected in the IDE.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

thank you very much for answering so quickly. Ah! I overlooked the first letter.
Thank you very much for pointing me to the the BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h-library.

I think I can start now

best regards Stefan

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Sensor values not appealing in Blynk app

I am trying to use arduino UNO with Blynk but after downloading the library for blynk
i was compiling the following code :
#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID “TMPLENTleUpX”
#define BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME “Quickstart Device”
#define BLYNK_AUTH_TOKEN “FeY8NR1z8M6O4Fr-pqLpZXl9e7XXsIy1”

and then this error occurred :

Arduino: 1.8.16 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

/var/folders/bs/z0tsp3gn75s35cftw1kwgqd40000gq/T//ccjgLL8O.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function main':** **/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/main.cpp:43: undefined reference to setup’
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/main.cpp:46: undefined reference to `loop’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Can anybody Help?

@Cody first of all, when you post code, compiler output or serial monitor output to this forum you need to add triple backticks to the beginning and end of that text so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

Secondly, the three lines of text that you’ve copied and pasted from the Blynk web console aren’t a full Arduino sketch, they are additional lines of code that need to be pasted at the top of a sketch.

This line of the error message is telling yopu that your code contains no void setup() section:

and this line is complaining that your sketch has no void loop() section:

Both of these are essential to a C++ sketch.

I’d suggest that you open the Blynk web console, choose the “Lifebelt” icon (3rd up from the bottom on the left hand side) and “Quickstart” then choose “Quickstart” and go through the wizard there, but it does depend on how you plan to connect your Uno to the internet as to whether this approach will work for your hardware.

Pete