Blynk.Air not working outside Edgent_ESP32 example

Hello.
I can’t figure out how to get Blynk.Air to work in my project. That is, a single Edgent_ESP32 example works, but I can’t figure out how to take the necessary functions from this example so that it works in my project…
If I just add #include “BlynkEdgent.h” to the project, the error “BlynkEdgent.h: No such file or directory” appears.
Tell me how to do it right.
Thank you.

I’ve not tried this, so don’t know if it works or not…

Pete.

1 Like

Thank you. I saw this post. But I thought that there must be some simpler solution, according to the example, which I just don’t see… :slightly_smiling_face: So I decided to create a new post.

Okay, well I’d say that good forum etiquette would be for you to say in your initial post “I’ve already seen this (include link) but it seems very complicated”. That way, people don’t waste their time tracking-down previous posts to provide links to potential solutions that you’ve already dismissed.

Personally, I’d be surprised if the solution was as simple as the example I just linked you to, as Blynk.Air is an extremely complex feature.

Pete.

I’ll explain.
I didn’t include this post, not so much because it’s technically complex, but because it seemed to me that it solves it differently than the Edgent_ESP32 example (which Blynk’s documentation links to).
That is, if you look at the Edgent_ESP32 example, it seems that it is enough to include BlynkEdgent.h and everything should work. But actually it is not. Then it is not clear why this example is needed? I will not create a project in which there will be only code for OTA, I just need to add this function to my project. However, I don’t see how the Edgent_ESP32 example can be applied in this.
Because usually, if there is an example, then you can take the necessary part of the code from it and insert it into your code so that it works.

In that example, BlynkEdgent.h is not a library file, it is one of the tabs in the example (when viewed in the Arduino IDE).
When you open that tab, it has #include’s for multiple other tabs…

#include "BlynkState.h"
#include "ConfigStore.h"
#include "ResetButton.h"
#include "ConfigMode.h"
#include "Indicator.h"
#include "OTA.h"
#include "Console.h"

if you examine the code in OTA.h, which is that tab that handles most of the the Blynk.Air logic, you’ll see just how complex the Blynk.Air portion of Edgent actually is.

Pete.

1 Like

I understand, thanks.
But my question remains, unfortunately… I don’t understand how to apply BlynkEdgent.h in a real project?
That is, there is an example, it works by itself, but it cannot be applied in the project? …

Back to my original reply!

Pete.

I’ve actually been doing some testing on the code I linked to earlier, and it does actually work very well, provided you use the SSL version of the Blynk library.

I’ve added some comments in that topic.

Pete.

1 Like