Blynk 2.0 Local server

This new generation BLYNK can work on local server for more security and privacy?

Definitely not :smiley:

1 Like

Very disappointing

1 Like

Better keep V1 :smiley:

1 Like

@Blynk_Coeur
While I understand your sentiments, in the seven years of completely free Blynk on Local Servers, almost nobody contributed neither to server code nor to open libraries. :man_shrugging:

Donā€™t consider my question being offensive in any way, but did you make any pull requests throughout these years?

1 Like

Nice. is local server available for new platform ?

Must have been close to perfect then :joy:

3 Likes

I was messing with @scargill ā€™s NR button project last evening pretty good spring board for beautifying NR to the place where it could be a front end.

3 Likes

I totally agree! And I will also add that the trust in the company BLYNK is irretrievably undermined! What is a YEAR OF SUPPORT for people who have invested time and money in the development of various IoT devices based on this wonderful Blynk system. The developers have chosen a destructive path of development, this is their right, but they will definitely lose part of their loyal audience.

1 Like

@Yury

We are also disappointed with the way how some community members treated our work by for example abusing the use of local servers for business purposes or using it to build Blynk competitors.

This model is not working, unfortunately. We might consider selling local server licenses for the new version of Blynk at some point, but there is no ETA and certainty.

The old version will continue to work for as long as it makes economic sense, but I would definitely recommend migrating to the new one. Itā€™s going to be 100x times better than the old one, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

5 Likes

Thank you for the great effort
I have purchased energy on dozens of devices. If you stop the old platform, I will have a big problem with my customers. Please keep the old platform because it is a wonderful platform and we cannot do without it.

Of course I will move to the new platform but I donā€™t want to pay huge amount to my old customers

Please do not neglect the development of the application to be compatible with Android updates

It seems you have not signed for commercial blynk :thinking:

3 Likes

I have no idea about it

I would like to join new blynk if my old platformā€™s energy is given back in form of more devices.

I spent money on it to develop my project.
Kindly look into the mattert @Pavel

To be fair to Blynk, it was announced over 2 years ago that the concept of energy would be abandonedā€¦

And if I went to Adobe and said ā€œI bought a Photoshop v1.0 in 1990 and it cost me almost $1000, Iā€™d like a free upgrade to Photoshop v22 because I spent so much money with you in the pastā€ then their sales guys would be rolling on the floor laughing.

Blynk 2.0 is a totally new product, with lots of new features and youā€™re getting all of that for free, or at an extremely low cost per additional device.

Pete.

4 Likes

He said :

:thinking:

3 Likes

@gab.lau added basic support for the websockets on the new cloud - Blynk IoT (new version) with Node-Red - #4 by Dmitriy. I think it should just work.

2 Likes

Dmitry, Š¾f course, you have done a titanic job and want your project to be profitable. For me, as an engineer, the new version of blink turned out to be more difficult to understand than in version V1, probably the first version was designed for non-programmers, everything is very detailed with examples. In V2, I do not see any differences or the composition of the code for running a minimal application, the description reminds me of many documents of different programming languages. For programmers, this is possible and sufficient. If there is a more approximate description of the first version, it would be easier to switch to the second version. Question on the first version - as far as I understand the application technically allows you to control the launch and use of widgets even with a local server, it is enough to make an additional request to the cloud when adding a widget. Why didnā€™t you do that? Hence the problems with the low profitability of the project. A local server is a completely free gift to all of us ;). Although I personally was willing to pay and paid a reasonable fee for using the widgets, I quickly switched to the local version as a result, some money remained unclaimed. By the way, can this money be transferred to Version 2.0?

1 Like

I worked out the documentation, checked the new features, everything really works! Tell me if there is a list of new/outdated widgets somewhere to understand what needs to be changed in the code, and the second is it possible to use the funds ( $ $ ) for the first version of V1?