🚀 New Blynk release!

Dear Blynkers!

The big day is here - our brand new Blynk platform is open for sign-up! :rocket: Thank you for your tremendous support in making it happen :raised_hands:

Some of the coolest features of this release:

• Blynk.360: finally, a web dashboard to monitor devices, manage who access the data, do over-the-air updates, and much more.
  • A new approach to device model creation
  • Blynk.inject: a WI-FI manager built into the new Blynk app
  • All kinds of Automations (think Eventor on steroids)
  • Voice assistants (coming in June)

We can’t wait for you to try it out and share your feedback with us! Meet the next-generation Blynk platform! | Blynk IoT Blog

9 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Blynk 2.0 Local server

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Blynk 2.0 Local server

HI,

Good news.

FAQ: I have an existing Blynk 1.0 account - do I use these credentials to access Blynk 2.0 (ie Log In), or Do I create a new Blynk 2.0 account (ie Sign Up)?

thnx
billd

2 Likes

You should sign up

1 Like

How to send notifications in the new blynk 2.0?

RTFM…

https://docs.blynk.io/en/getting-started/notification-management

Pete.

1 Like

Blynk 2 is useless for now. I can’t login. always waiting on connecting screen.

@Dmitriy could be a DNS issue?

Does Blynk 2 0 work with node-red-contrib-ws? I was working with blynk-ws-in-write, but had no success.

Thanks
Paul

Something at your end . . . I logged in no problem, setup my first test project, little bit of a learning curve but all good . . . not “useless” at all . . .

billd

1 Like

No, unfortunately it doesn’t, certainly at the moment.
This is because websockets integration has not been built in to Blynk.360. Blynk say that it’s on the roadmap, along with native MQTT support, but have not given a timescale.

@gab.lau (who wrote and maintains the current node-red-contrib-blynk-ws) has said this:

There is a workaround to post data to Blynk from Node-Red using the HTTP Request node, using the Blynk.360 API (which is different to the old one) and I’ve been using this to push data into 4 virtual pins every 5 seconds for the past two months and it’s working well.

As far as getting data back from Blynk, I guess you’d need to query each virtual pin on a regular basis using the API, and look for changes (maybe using the RBE node). I have no idea how often you’d be able to get away with doing this though, before your API requests were disallowed.

Personally, I’m rather disillusioned by this, and by the lack of a firm commitment from Blynk on enabling websockets, so I’m looking around for different alternatives to Blynk at the moment.

Pete.

No I tested with different interne’s and vpns but not working

Do you see any errors in the browser console? What browser do you have and OS?

1 Like

Now it’s working.

We did a new deploy recently. So probably it somehow fixed the issue.

1 Like

thanks. where can I found blynk 2 examples for nodemcu ?

I think all blynk 1.0 examples should work in the same way.
However, some new features weren’t yet fully documented, like this one - Log Event - Blynk Documentation

1 Like

Thank you for this effort. I made a simple code to turn on and off a virtual LED, but it didn’t work with the new Blink and at the same time it works on Blink 1.0