Blynk 1.0 (legacy) retirement timeline announced!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Legacy API Documentation Needed

Hi Pete, Can you please give a guide as to how to do it, specially the Nodered to Blynk portion. I will suffer when legacy is shutdown as I have used the "bridgeā€™ feattuer a lot. I thought the sofware stack you proposed is the way to go for people like me who are not experts in using API or HTTP.

Follow the links in this postā€¦

Pete.

Hi Pete,
Thanks for all the information you provide and for keeping the github repository.
I have supported Blynk since the Kickstarter campaign on all platforms.
For the moment, I have switched to a local server with the Blynk legacy as this fits much better my needs than the new Blynk.
I am concerned about the example website

Will it stay ?
Is there a possibility to move it somewhere ?
Thanks again

Jacques

I donā€™t think itā€™s that simple.
However, the examples are part of the library, and I cloned the last Legacy library version (0.6.1) to hereā€¦

And itā€™s also still available on the main Blynk library releases page hereā€¦

and I think itā€™s still available to install via the Arduino IDE too.

Pete.

I know these, including the install via the Arduino IDE, but the example website is I believe more complete, and much more pleasant to use. Its fast, also.

For my home projects i liked the Blynk 1.0 mutch better. Blynk 2.0 is just hassle. A simple in app button for opening a garage for three family members is not possible without paying 500 dollar pr. Year!!!

So iā€™m nott see the big usage for Blynk 2.0 in the long run for me.

Lucky you, I didnā€™t even get an email. My last email from Blynk was from June 2021 and never mentions that existing products would stop working. Only found out when a customer told me the integration had stopped working for them.

I get they posted about it, but for those of us that donā€™t frequent this forum, you think they could have let us know.

Lack of communtication is a deal breaker for me, so I guess bye blynk.

And sadly, it looks like a home server may out of the question since the iDevice app puts up a banner ā€œNo Server Connectionā€ at the top of the screen, covering up the tool icons that I presume (if memory serves) would allow me to change the name / address of the server.

When I get a chance, I might go into my router logs and see where it is trying to connect and see if I can re-route that address.

This is not working because there is a permission bug, which requires more time to fix than we anticipated.

Once fixed, if you have Plus Plan, your invited users will be able to control devices within organization.

1 Like

Sorry you didnā€™t get the message.

We sent a ton of emails and ton of push notifications in 2022. We also announced it through all the social media channels.

1 Like

I am concerned about the example website

This will stay

1 Like

Thanks Volodymyr,

I appreciate that. Consider that this is a tribute to your early supporters.

Jacques

2 Likes