Blynk 1.0 (legacy) retirement timeline announced!

The offer expired at the end of August.

I also miss the Table widget, but you can use Events to achieve a similar result. Not as convenient to go into the timeline to see them, but certainly a workaround.

Only 95 days left to the big Legacy turn-off, so you’d better act soon!

Pete.

Would you have sample code on how to use Events to substitute for Table?

Would really help to speed up the process.

Regards,
Anand

Logging events is covered quite well in the Blynk IoT documentation, and it’s just a case of turning on the “send to timeline” option for the event you create. You can then see the info in the timeline.
You can use different events if you want a different entry type in the timeline ‘table’ so that they stand out better…

Pete.

Hi, I’m just getting back to using Blynk. It looks like I missed the promo period but was hoping I still could get a code for the 50% off. Too bad the system just didn’t track who backed the project from the start (Kickstarter backer) and applied a discount when subscribing. On a side note, I did search my email and didn’t see one offering any discounts.

Thanks.

Good morning ! I was a blynk legacy user bought energy have not received a promotion to port over to the new platform

I would like to continue the journey with 2.0 but all my projects running on TEENSY 4.x. So far these devices are not supported ! What to do ?

Replace them by ESP32 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Are you using these with Blynk Legacy at the moment?

Pete.

Hi Pete,
yes I do, working with a local server

:thinking:

In that case, it should be possible to use the same hardware with Blynk IoT with just a few minor changes to your sketch.

I’d recommend creating a new “need help”…” topic and providing as much information as possible.

Pete.

Yikes! I am very late to the party. I just now read all this haha goodbye 1.0!

Pity! Just a lost of money!
You should allow app continue working whiteout support but running.

That’s what’s been happening for the last 3 years at least.
Now time to turn the Legacy servers off and save that cost, plus maybe encourage some people to migrate to Blynk IoT.

Pete.

1 Like

The Blynk Legacy platform support stopped - May 27, 2021
Legacy app closed for new user registration - September 5, 2021
In-app purchases deprecated - September 30, 2022

BlynkIO started in May 2021

I guess it depends how you define “support”.

Legacy was in “bugfix only” mode since the 0.6.1 legacy version of the Legacy library was released in early 2019, as all development was focussing on Blynk IoT.

You could argue that as support for non-business users was always via the forum then support is ongoing, and will continue for Legacy local server users even after the end of the year.
However, I suspect that in this case the term “support” actually meant “development and additional feature requests” hence my comment.

Either way, it won’t really matter in 24 days time.

Pete.

1 Like

You’re kidding me! Today (Dec 22, 2022) I receive an email saying it’ll be shut down in a 9 days. WTH???

I look at all my emails from Blynk and that is the only one about this. Terrible way to go.

My account here was deleted so I had re re-register. The server code at github is gone.

The purchased Energy is gone from 2.0? How can you do that? Take my $$$ and run!

So now a bunch of IOT devices I have scattered around the USA will not work???

I call shenanigan’s on you. Sheesh.

Hello Node-Red and MQTT. Bye Blynk.

There’s a copy here…

but I’m not sure it will do you much good.

Node-Red and MQTT. Is a great solution, but the Node-Red dashboard is awful.
Personally, I’ve always used MQTT and Node-Red as my rules engine, with Blynk as my user interface. You should try it with a free Blynk IoT account.

Pete.

Oh no! Just finding out about this and my account no longer works to even log in to see what is replacing this… I wish I had known sooner!

it was announced a year ago !

1 Like