Better dashboard graphics

I love Blynk theme but, sometimes, it would be nice to able to change theme (not only for local server). In my opinion, light themes are nicer like android development (from dark kitkat to lighter Nougat).
Last thing: it will be very nice if dashboard has homogenized background.
Thank you for this great project called Blynk!

Iā€™m using Blynk a lot and i love every single widget. About ā€œaestheticsā€ the app is beautiful, but I think that the graphics of the dashboard in the image is better <3.

Will be there the possibility in the future of a restyling like the second pic?
Thanks!

3 Likes

bello! daresti piĆ¹ dettagli? :slight_smile:

Very good work!

1 Like

@joepesce Ciao :slight_smile:, about graphics I think that the dashboard looks very nice with no dividers between widgets. About project, Iā€™m planning a smart IOT device with 2 functions: energy meter and alarm system for my house. Unfortunately I donā€™t have much free time because of university exams, so Iā€™m developing this system slowly in my spare time.
Spero di essere stato chiaro, a presto :smiley:

thank you! How do you measure energy consumption? which kind of hw? 220v?

At the moment voltage and current are not real but they are random value. In the future I will use a voltage transformer for the voltage and a TA for the current (for example SCT-013-030) with EmonLib.
For now, the system works very well, but with all the electronics I will verify if is ok.
I hope to finish it as soon as possible in order to publish an instructable :wink:

Is there a reason that the dashboard background is still a different color than the widget background? Wouldnā€™t it look better to just commonize the two?

like this:

I think it comes down to personal tasteā€¦ i actually prefer the slight contrast between widgets and the background.

I suppose if they do anything, a fully customisable colour scheme might be more applicable to match ā€œeveryoneā€™sā€ tastesā€¦ perhaps even something settable via #HEX as done with Blynk.setProperty().

1 Like

This is already implemented in published apps. Some day we might implement it in Blynk app tooā€¦

1 Like