Any different option/setting to choose between ESP12E and NodeMcu

you’re welcome .

1 Like

When you created your custom PCB, did you go for the Copper Pour option to create a ground plane?
If so, it’s not a great idea when working with ESPs as it blocks Wi-Fi signals very effectively.

Pete.

It was just a breakout board that i purchased online. There is bits and traces of ground fill running just below the antenna.

1 Like

See page 17 of 34, figure 1-13 ESP32 Module Antenna Position on Base Board
and
See page 18 of 34, figure 1-14 Keepout Zone for ESP8266 Module’s Antenna on the Base Board

Who knows this may be useful for someone planning on designing their own PCB with an 8266 module.

4 Likes

Thank you for the valuable info docs

Maybe you could send them over to the person you purchased them from. Let them know you are having issues with stable connection. Maybe you can get your money back, and they can fix their boards.

There is no return option available !! But under the review section i have mentioned the problem.

These are the prototype development boards I use for the ESP8266 and ESP32, they are great and conform to the design guide lines. I always keep the antenna area on the reverse side clear of any connecting wires or components.

ESP8266 on one side and ESP32 on the other, all the pinouts/GPIO’s are clearly marked.

Richard

2 Likes