Android Beta 2.28.0

Hi, can you send us logs from the app? And you video stream info? We want to switch to another video playback library, as current one is responsible for most anr and crashes according to crash reports.

Hi, logs have been sent as requested.

HI @BlynkAndroidDev, Is there a way of auto playing the video stream in the new video stream widget upon opening the app. The widget before the update would auto stream but the new widget following this update requires you to press the play button to commence streaming.

@BlynkAndroidDev, IPhone app appears to auto commence stream upon opening the app up… Please have this feature for android as well

Hi, I’ve uploaded new beta with auto playing the stream, somehow missed that functionality in previous release. I’m still investigating MJPEG support for current video streaming implementation.

2 Likes

Hi @BlynkAndroidDev,
My App crashes with the new app update when I try to open a project with the Video Streaming widget in it…

Mobile: S9+
Android 10.
Blynk Beta tester.
Local server v0.41.12

2 Likes

Thanks, I found a crash report for presumably your device. You can temporary switch out of beta while I will fix this crash

1 Like

I’ve uploaded a new beta build with mjpeg support - @psoro @GG07 can you check it on your devices and send logs? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @BlynkAndroidDev,
No crashes now but I can’t see the video… it’s buffering forever…

No luck sorry… It buffers then says playback failed… Send logs for you now

Can you provide info on your video streaming format?

Can you try your video without user:password in url?

I turned off authentication and tried the url without user:pw but still no luck… Does work in VLC though

1 Like

Sure:

rtsp://user:password@xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/onvif2

Hth…

I can’t seem to find the ‘send logs’ option… Is it still there somewhere?

hm, maybe I’ve missed to enable it.

Any information on the video encoding?

I’m sorry, I’ve got no idea…

The camera I’m using is this one:
DIGOO DG-MYQ

1 Like

@GG07 I’ve uploaded one more build, looks like mjpeg player had an issue with basic authentication - I’ve fixed it.

@psoro Please try new build and send the logs from it. I’ve added a support for forcing RTSP over TCP for rtsp streams, so can you try with it enabled and disabled? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @BlynkAndroidDev,

I have good news to report… It works :).

The force TCP switch needs to be on for it to work.

Thank you for persevering with this issue very much appreciated.