Android Beta 2.28.0

We have just released 2.28.0 app’s version to Google Play Beta channel.

• we switched to another video playback library - it should improve video streaming widget’s work
  • hugely reduced apk size on device
  • and usual crash/anr fixes
3 Likes

Hi Team,

It is little confusing now, when Blynk team announced a new Blynk version on May’19, it said there will be no further development on the existing version but we see minor/major improvements on Blynk App/Server/library now and then.
Please could you put some light on this, as we have to be clear on which Blynk version needs to be used if we plan to work on a project for commercial uses. If we design our product in this existing platform for 5-6 months then the Blynk team releases the new Beta version then it would be waste of our time and effort.
We are waiting for the new platform for almost a year now, please suggest us how we should go ahead and plan our commercial project development with the existing Blynk version and new version along the way, thank you!!

Regards,
Gaurav Barwalia

1 Like

Hello. New platform for the commercials are already done and in production. We just do not launch it in public because it will take the efforts we can’t afford right now.

We prefer to launch all new commercial clients on the new Platform and some of them already using the new platform. However, some of the clients choose the old platform (mostly due to reasons you described above). And that’s ok too. So we still provide very minimal support for the old platform (only bug fixes, no new features or custom dev).

We also provide the support for the paid customers for the initial project setup if necessary.

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for your response, Please check below points what I have understood from your input.

1.) We should finalize our end IOT product and its use cases and end user expectation.
2.) Then we should start development with existing platform.
3.) Once we have working prototype then we should contact Blynk commercial team for new feature information which only available in new version.
4.) Then Blynk Team will help us to integrate our existing prototype code with new version code like OTA, Dynamic provisioning etc.

Please correct me If I am wrong in any or all of the points above, thank you!!

Note : None of us would like to pay subscription fee before we have end product ready.

Regards,
Gaurav Barwalia

1.) We should finalize our end IOT product and its use cases and end user expectation.

Correct.

2.) Then we should start development with existing platform.

Or you can buy the subscription and start right away on the new platform. However, this is not a must.

3.) Once we have working prototype then we should contact Blynk commercial team for new feature information which only available in new version.

If you missing some feature - you can ask right away here on the community or elsewhere.

4.) Then Blynk Team will help us to integrate our existing prototype code with new version code like OTA, Dynamic provisioning etc.

Correct. After payment is done we have a dedicated person that can guide you through the process and help with any rising questions. Also, have in mind that some features are limited. For example, OTA is available only for ESP and TI. So it better to ask upfront if you are not sure.

Sure. There are different types of clients - someone wants to help as soon as possible, someone as late as possible.

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you again for your response, now I have some path to follow if I have to create an IOT product with Blynk platform. As you suggested, I will continue working on the existing platform for product development and will ask here for new version feature or any query. Hope to work with Blynk in the future, thank you!!

Regards,
Gaurav Barwalia

1 Like

That is to say, we have spent more than one year waiting for new platform for nothing ?

4 Likes

All right, just show us some screenshots of new platform :sleepy:

There are screenshots here: https://blynk.io/blog/new-blynk-platform-web-dashboard-over-the-air-updates-and-machine-learning

We also planning a webinar to give you an understanding what’s there. Of course, members of this community will get the invite first.

1 Like

Two months ago, Dmitry said new plateform will be available in February for us.
Now , when can we expect to use this new plateform? Next summer? Next year?
All old members of the community are waiting.
Some of them gone away.
Alexis.

This is why it’s taking so long, they can’t find any “honourable members”…

Delivery stages
1 Beta access for valuable community members
We will select the honorable members on our forum and provide with demo accounts.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pete.

1 Like

And the winner is … Donald Trump :joy:

1 Like

Or maybe our old friend…

Pete.

2 Likes

Oh no ! not him :joy:

Hi Pavel,

Webinar seems to be a good idea for the overview at least, please do not delay this webinar if possible.

Regards,
Gaurav Barwalia

Dear Sirs,
the latest version have serious problem on both of my Android Devices ( 1. Xiaomi mi mix2 running Android 9 & 2. Xiaomi mi mix 2S running Android 10 ). The Blynk app is crashing when I trying to access time input widget… I have never problem on the versions before last.
Please try to fix it.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Working on a fix.

1 Like

Bugfix build is already uploaded - soon it will be available to update

1 Like

Me paso lo mismo con el widget de eventor, no me deja definir un tiempo, se cierra la aplicación.

@BlynkAndroidDev My video widget no longer works now after this update :frowning:

3 Likes