Android App will not email tokens anymore

I’m praying that this is going to work because it is 530 in the morning here and I am so tired I need to get some sleep, please tell me that you live in a different part of the world than me and it is a more sociable time where are you are

No it is definitely not landing in the spam folder in fact it tells me in the android app that the email has not been sent

I just got up, had coffee and getting ready for work, LOL, so yes, Ii’m about two one hours ahead of you :wink:

No unfortunately it did not work the message is exactly the same in the android app email was not sent to your login acc. Please check your network connection

Where do you send the token? It should get to your BlynkApp login name. So there could be an issue with that email adress.

Well I would like to thank Gunner and Lichtsignaal for your help but I think I best get some sleep now and hopefully we can revisit it later this evening if that’s okay with you both?

I am guessing that if I were to create a new email address and use that with my local server I would lose all of my existing projects would I .?

Just as I am after a thought is it normal to have the admin@blynk.cc as well as my own user file in the local blynk folder along with the server jar file and mail properties file. Should there be any other files in the Blynk folder. There are obviously the other five folders in the blink the folder one is back up then data then deleted then logs then static there are obviously the other five folders in the blink folder one is back up then data then deleted then logs then static

Also some more added information that the owner of all of the above mentioned files and folders the owner is PI except for the data folder where are the owner is root

You wouldn’t “loose” the existing data, you would just have a different account… and could then transfer the projects over I guess. It is a server and can handle many separate accounts

In your Blynk folder there is a file named your-email.Blynk.user that is where your projects are “stored”

ok gunner, how would i migrate my projects from the existing user account file to a new email account user file

First… get some sleep :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Then create a new account and test it to see if the email service works, being that there is only one mail.properties, I am guessing it is the “primary” system for sending emails to all the server accounts as required. If it is still not working, then we need to fix that first.

I haven’t tried swapping data from one account file to another, but I suspect it would still be easier to just make QR clones of all the projects in one account and and load them into a new account (and it is a project backup as well).

yeah thanks Gunner, off to the land of Nod for me, will try later this evening, thanks for your help, it is much appreciated

@jasperdog here is what I googled:

Hey guys, just found what’s going on with those errors.

The problem is that when you have activated the Google Authenticator Verification you also need to set up the 2-Step-Authentication in your gmail account.

Therefore visit https://www.google.com/settings/security - when you have done so, just go back to this page and click the “App Password” - Settings.

Select “Other (custom name)” and enter any name you like. Go ahead and copy the code and paste it to your projects settings.

Done! - This resolved all issues for me.

Also please tyr to change password in your account. Does that help?

thanks Dmitriy, but i had already done exactly that to begin with, didn’t solve my issue.
yes i had also changed my password as well.

also i tried Gunners latest suggestion and created a new gmail account and logged in to my local server with that and still same issue.

also the blynk log still not changed since 19th May 2017 which seems odd to me

The log is always created. So look like you are looking into the wrong log file.

i’m looking in the blynk folder, where else should i look

I don’t know. You say log file doesn’t change, but this is not possible, so seems like you looking into wrong file.